Monday, June 6, 2011

Rag Doll...

hand me downs...

ok..I've been keeping tabs on all the things that scare Santa Barbarans, and I made a list....first of course is the homeless, then unions, then we got city workers, they're pretty scary..and now we have a new culprit: Raggedy Ann!

that's right Raggedy Ann has created a stir in town and it's gotten so bad that Cottage Hospital has banned Raggedy Ann from entering the premises!

appparently some patients who are under sedation have been hallucinating so bad that their hallucinations are seeing hallucinations in the form of Raggedy Ann stalking them through the halls of sterile Cottage Hospital....

the crying and screaming was too much for the hospital administrators, so they had to stop the invasion..the invasion being a good nonprofit called Adventures in Caring who for years have been sending in adults dressed as Raggedy Ann dolls to cheer up patients....if I was sick, er sicker, and in the hospital and some babe dressed up in a Raggedy Ann outfit came in to "cheer me up", I would be thrilled....I mean it wouldn't be the first time I've tripped on a doll !

but seriously....hallucinations? what drugs are these people on? acid? mescaline? mescaline I can understand might induce some wild mountain honey and if you've ever read Carlos Casteneda you'd know...but I find it amusing that Cottage would overreact in such a manner....
then it dawned on me....it must be a dig against the homeless......an attempt by a for-profit hospital not to look like it is enabling homeless people..and who is a bigger poster child for the homeless than Raggedy Ann!!!

I think I might visit the SB Council chambers carrying a Raggedy Ann doll and see how Rowse, Hothckiss and Francisco react....and if you see me strolling down State St with Raggedy Ann under my arm, it's a sign your hallucinations have just begun....

No comments: