Saturday, March 17, 2012

a boy named Sue

my name is Sue, how do you do... now you gonna die!

well this has to be the weirdest story I've ever read in the News-Press..it seems a parent was upset that his son, who goes to Open Alternative School in Santa Barbara, had his fingernails painted by a teacher...the dad and kid were on the front page and the ex-wife enrolled the kid in the school against the dad's wishes..

apparently this is how they teach about bullying...by painting the kids' nails..I don't get it really...the father was upset because he thinks the school is teaching the kid to be a homo! well dad, the kid needs a haircut then the male teachers at Open Alternative School won't fawn all over him..geez..... did ya hear about the LA schools and the teachers there?? I'm not saying the OAS is that way, but c'mon..put two and two together....

so what has happened to education? when I went to school there was bullying..some big kid kept making fun of me so I finally asked him in front of my pals to meet me in the playground by the merry-go-round after school and we'd settle it...he laughed and walked away...so after school I went to the merry-go-round area and a few other guys were there...but my bully never showed up...after that, he never said much to me COS I WOULDA KICKED HIS ASS!!!! I was small, but I'm Irish Catholic and can fight and drink anyone under the table any place anytime..the first thing I did when I was forced outta the womb was take a shot of whiskey and spit in my father's eye!!


anyway, the point is always stand up to a bully and they will stand down..usually..of course you run the risk of getting clobbered by him, but at least you didn't wimp out...

now, school needs to get back to the basics...kids need outlets...wrestling, swimming, music, art, running, boxing , martial arts are all good things to occupy the mind and body...and we need teachers who get this to take a stand....
was painting a kids nails a psychological experiment? no I don't think so..but it seems like a lame way to make a point....all it did was upset a confused homophobic yuppiemuppie dad....and don't we have enough confused yuppiemuppies in this town??

2 comments:

McMartin Preschool said...

With minor exception this L.A. school system hysteria is probably just another witch hunt stirred up by the distracting conservative media...i.e. McCaw news type organizations. (Also please see Peter Lance for as a distraction.)

Anonymous said...

OAS is an amazinggggg school and it was a bulling thing the boy was a buly and called another boy a homo because he painted his finger nails! so al they did was have a party so he could see that its not gay to do that!!!
this is a really really BIG LIE!!!
- former OAS student.