Thursday, March 1, 2012

daydream believer

cheer up sleepy Jean....

that's a great song written by John Stewart...the guys who made it famous of course were the Monkees..now I was a fan of the guys in the 60s....it was an interesting pop phenomenon..all the guys had talent, great writers like Carole King and Neil Diamond, and a top production team with A+ studio musicians....I was a teen and in a band and my bandmates hated the Monkees instead forcing me to listen to Frank Zappa and play Captain Beefheart songs..of course nowadays I love that stuff..

but I did like the Monkees..Mike Nesmith was a great songwriter in his own write..and inherited some money from the White-Out fortune...Mickey and Peter hung out with all the biggies of the day from Hendrix to the Beatles...and then Davy Jones, the little guy from England who sang on many of the good ones..so Jones just died of a heart attack at 66...seems lots of people are dying now..just dropping...nothing unusual about dying as we all travel back and forth thru the eternities, but I think it's what they leave behind that is interesting...Davy Jones left behind a pop masterpiece with a little help from his friends....

now the next dead guy we have is Andrew Breitbart, a guy who left behind, well, nothing really remarkable..he was a conservative racist who tried to smear a woman in the Obama administration..he doctored a video and took what she said out of context to try to portray her as a racist...an anti-white black woman..

of course it wasn't true and Andy should have been ashamed of himself, but whenever he was in front of a camera, he was usually telling lies about his political opposites...

now, I happened upon Andrew Breitbart when he was the speaker at a luncheon at the Montecito Country Club a few years ago... I went in without a reservation, saw a bunch of local conservatives hanging out at the martini bar at 11:00 AM...I took some pictures..some old bitties kept eyeing me and asking me who I was....one gal at the luncheon told me that ACORN was out to kill Breitbart and she was concerned I may be an assassin!!
I finally got thrown out of the place but here's a link to my adventure....My Dinner with Andre..


oh, what can it mean, to a daydream believer and a homecoming queen!!

No comments: