Sunday, March 11, 2012

Good Morning Little Schoolgirl...

can I go home with you? tell your mother and your father, I'm a little school boy too

so I was curious as to why the Santa Barbara Education Foundation was so adverse to the mayor's tax initiatives..then it dawned on me..it's a foundation..ie a fucking nonprofit!
Welcome to the Santa Barbara Education Foundation.
SBEF was recently featured on Nonprofit Spotlight, channel 21.

The Santa Barbara Education Foundation serves over 15,000 students in 22 schools in the Santa Barbara Unified School District. Unlike other school foundations and specific capital projects that serve only a single school or project, SBEF is uniquely positioned to provide leadership for fundraising projects that benefit multiple schools at all levels --- elementary, middle and secondary.

The need for private support of public education has never been greater! State budgets for education continue to be cut each year, with negative impacts on our local classrooms. The quality and excellence we seek for our students is increasingly dependent on the generous private support of our community--- parents, retired seniors, businesses, philanthropists, and all those who care about the importance of public education in a democratic society.

Since its formation in 1985, the Santa Barbara Education Foundation has relied on the commitment and support of dedicated community volunteers and donors to achieve a proud record of

accomplishments

to benefit our students, their teachers, and our schools.

then I check out the Board of Directors and see some of my old pals:


William Macfadyen

Publisher, Noozhawk
Secretary, Santa Barbara Education Foundation

Dr. David CashSuperintendent, Santa Barbara Unified School District
Ex Officio Member

aha! MacFadyen and Cash..two conservative dimwits if I ever saw any....Billy Mac got his panites twisted over a SB cop arresting wife beater/DUI repeater Tony Denunzio..he actually supported drunk driver DeNunzio and tried to smear arresting Officer Tudor for doing his job...and wasn't MacFadyen's son busted for drugs awhile back??? yes, I believe I read about that somewhere...


and David Cash ran away from the Fresno school district to work in Santa Barbara....what's the first thing Cash does....fires teachers and hires drug sniffing dogs, probably urged on by MacFadyen.......geez Bill just because your kid maybe got busted for coke doesn't mean every kid in the school district uses drugs!!

these folks are dumbasses and should definitely be taxed to the max....now they are on my radar and I think a real investigation is warranted.....these nonprofits always want more money, what on earth are they doing with the donations, running drugs??


these folks need to stop interfering and start educating!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Macfadyens publication is a 3 to 1 neo-con slanted piece of crap. Cash is the equivalent of Santa Barbara County ex- CEO Mike Brown. These conservatives can only muck things up (see Joni Gray)

Anonymous said...

Mick:
I want to begin my comment with my deepest condolences. I am so sorry that in this short lived life you feel the need to bash the names of so many widely appreciated members of our community. I could only imagine the amount of time and effort you make on a daily basis to maintain your gossip column.
As a young adult living in Santa Barbara, I enjoy forming my own opinions as I read through various news publications. This is how I came across your blog, all I can says this will be the last time I will ever visit your page again.
In regards to this article, I cannot see the relevance between Mr. Cash's decision to hire drugs sniffing dogs and his presence of the board of the SBEF. As a Santa Barbara native, and local college student, I can confidently say from personal experience that I understand the extra security needed to maintain drug free campuses. The relevance between Mr. Macfadyen's son, his stance on cop brutality, and his presence on the board of the SBEF is also extremely unclear to me. I admire Mr. Macfadyen's stance with the case of Tony Denunzio, but more so, I admire his ability to formally, and elegantly write about the matter unlike your written opinions which consists of name-calling, and uneducated remarks.
I'm not sure who you are, but the fact that you produce and direct an entire blog to rant about your unsupported opinions makes you just another "dimwit."
If you would like to respond to me — as I am sure you will because it seems in your very nature to defend honest comments by responding with immature language, then I encourage you to do so. But I unfortunately will never read it, because as I stated earlier I will not ever be returning to this website.

Mick Von Caw said...

oh, so now I'm boring, stupid and a dimwit, too??

Anonymous said...

You're OK although we don't agree on Nevie Cramer. I admire your responses and frequently agree. Certainly someone needs to question the non-profits. Moving the SBFoundation into a modern building they don't need to collect a real estate commission is outrageous! And giving the former adobe office of 50 years to SBBT (who left a billion $ hole in our community with no public notice!)
for their PR is nonsense! And what about Antioch University - a pretend academic institution who got a huge buildind from the same NP bozos?? Go at it!!!

Beavis said...

Uh, huh huh. Did you hear that? Billy said dimwit. Huh, that's cool. Uh, huh huh.

Mick Von Caw said...

ok... the SB Foundation and Antioch "college" info sounds very interesting to me...let's take a closer look