Saturday, July 21, 2012

them changes

Well, my mind is goin' through them changes I feel just like commitin' a crime Every time you see me goin' somewhere I know I'm goin' outta my mind, yeah Oh....


well I know that the Public Access TV station Channel 17 is going through some changes...Ernie Salomon had the new CEO on and interviewed him..seemed like a nice enough guy, kinda straight laced and maybe conservative....

and the shows on public tv are ..well..a little odd....I think some of these guys are trying to fulfill a game show host fantasy...and of course the religious shows are funny..but for the last year or so the station has been adrift with no real programming..just a hodgepodge of mismatches and amatuerish productions....the sound quality was bad, the graphics wouldn't load so one of the reasons I watched was to marvel at all the mistakes these guys made! public tv is an interesting experiment, but not really necessary with the internet in full swing...

but I was watching the Mr Wimpy Show..aka Worthen One on One...I go back and forth between Ernie and Mr. Wimpy..Ernie's got a pretty good show but Mr. Wimpy's is pretty nutty...and for some reason the Channel 17 is censoring now....cutting out segments that might offend someone and that's not good!

but anyway, Mr. Wimpy usually has the same guests rotating..Peter Lance was a regular during the DUI hearing...Eringer is a regular and last night Eringer was pushing his new book and I swear Mr. Wimpy was Mr. Tipsy....he was slurring his words, giggling, interuupting and just being an obnoxious drunk..it was pretty funny watching Eringer try to get a word in while Worthen kept rambling about issues like the bible and gay people...and some black dude in San Francisco who Worthen kept calling "sucka"!!

now I don't know why a conservative bible thumper in his 60s would want to host a TV show drunk, but I think these guys should be on Comedy Central!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ernie S. is good -- and sincere. Mr. Wimpy and RE are silly; their egos don't leave room for serious discussion. Also, tell me why they keep showing debates on prop. Y which lost months ago. I did like a musical group from Santa Ynez that was recorded years ago. It's kind of like dumpster diving for entertainment.

Pat said...

Did you know that Mr. Purity smokes cigarettes. Yeah he does. Sinful.