Sunday, July 1, 2012

good day, sunshine

I take a walk, the sun is shining down...


I did take a walk on Linden Ave in Carp and mingled with the folks for the Rods and Roses Show....there were tractors, cars, girls, guys, dogs....I must be in America! hurray for the red white and blue!!

in Santa Barbara, they had the usual booze fest at the Museum of Natural History...it must be easy to steal artifacts from the museum when the folks in charge are drunk all the time!!


looks like a bunch of yuppiemuppies and hippies stumbling around the grounds with wine glasses attached to their collars! WTF!! I think only the place in Santa Barbara that doesn't resort to using alcohol to raise money is the Museum of Art! good for them!!

so of course I stop by the very clean and fun Rods and Roses Show in spite of Andy Granatelli being the Grand Marshall... Andy was putt putt putting around in his electric cart and didn't look too happy to see me and Dolly looked at me like she was gonna puke!! then the Master of Ceremonies guy behind the mic revved up his voice and sounding like he was calling a cage fight, introduced Andy Granatelli to the crowd: and here he is ladies and gentlemen, five- time Indy 500 winner (or whatever it was) Mr. Andy Granatelli!!!!

nobody applauded or even seemed to notice! but I did....Danica Patrick should be the Grand Marshall next year!!


Andy, Dolly and Gabe!

there's Andy and wifeypoo Dolly and little Gabe Saglie in the background, the guy who writes wine columns for the News-Press..now Andy, Dolly, Gabe and I have absolutely nothing in common...we don't travel in the same circles or even breath the same air....the sweet summer air....but there's no reason we all can't walk down Main St, USA once a year, is there?? and why wasn't Gabe at the Wine Festival in SB...I think Nipper assigned him to cover the Wine Fest but Gabe knows where the real action is...and he probably didn't want to endanger his wife and kid..drunk drivers in SB, you know

the cars were cool....I liked the black T-Bird convertible the best... look at the insides of this baby...oooh dat's nice... and the black Corvette was bitchin' and the blonde chick who stooped right in front of me while I was shooting pics....oooh, dat's nice baby!!

the sun's out, it's warm, there's an ocean breeze and nobody's fighting but the dogs....

No comments: