Friday, December 6, 2013

goin' mobile


I'm an air-conditioned gypsy

I'm sitting at the computer when I hear a bunch of noise outside..not the highway noise, but  bird noise..singing tweeting chirping, tep-tep-tepping..I sneak out to the balcony and see a bunch of little colorful birds flying around crazy..they are on the big sycamore, they are walking on the stucco walls.. it's like the little birds are all drunk! ....my neighbor must've spiked the bird feeder...

don't drink and fly this holiday season..it's very dangerous...

so I try to snap some shots but the birds are moving fast and their little bodies are all jittery....RELAX!! I whisper... but to to avail...must be a genetic thing


I check my field guide and they look to be Townsend's Warblers..must be migrating like the monarch butterflies...but I've never seen a Townsend warbler before so it was a trip to see them in the flesh, or the feather in this case....they motored down from Washington and points north and stopped to hang out here, with me...after five minutes they were gone....

I hope they come back..if not I hope they find what they're looking for...

No comments: