Sunday, December 27, 2015

Norwegian Wood

I once had a girl or should I say she once had me...


so I go down south, Highway 101..my fave highway between Carp and Ventura to see what exactly burned on Christmas night..in the wind storm...I'm thinking in my head "where" as I travel....I see the ag fields still there..I see a caravan of RVs camping at the beach...this is the Sea Cliff area..



I see the eternal flame at the oil field, mountain side of freeway..I drive on and see the little beach community is ok..then I see some smoke yonder...then I see the blackened soil on the hills..whoa! the yellow mountains now black look freaky like a moonscape...I smell the burn in the air...

I get off at the Emma Woods exit..the surf is good, I see the fire engine crews and a news crew..and more wood burning smell...smells good like Norwegian wood
then I head back to Carp and see some melted metal signs...this historic highway...I see the wall that was installed when CALTRANS widened 101...it's ugly but not too long and the basic highway is still intact..this historic beautiful stretch of road between the hills and the sea...

 

now the new Diamond Lane for carpooling is a joke...it's is very narrow so only a little foreign car can drive it...I dismiss it

otherwise, everything is ok..the islands are beautiful...but wait.. I read the News-Press and they had an Associated Press story about the Channel Island foxes..you 'member, all the killing and restoration to save them..well it seems like the foxes on Catalina are dying of cancer brought about by ear mites..and distemper brought by visitors nearly wiped out the fox...

and I thought they said the eagles and all the fennel and pigs were the culprits!!

well, fennel dressed sausages sound really good for dinner tonight... yum!

No comments: