Saturday, December 26, 2015

Ventura Highway

in the sunshine, where the days are longer, the nights are stronger than moonshine

so, last night I was sitting outside and the winds were just ripping..howling thru the area...blowing topsoil away...it was cold and a perfect Christmas night...brrrrr! little did I know that a fire would be raging soon just south of Carpinteria...





I got up this morning and saw the purple block of clouds of smoke rising over the south seas...huge!! maybe a plane crash?? or the City of Carp is on fire... or Island Brewery blew up!

then I hear from Noozhawk a brush fire started last night by Solimar Sands toward Ventura...evacuations...let's see..there's the ag lands just beyond La Conchita, some oil fields, some hills across from the beach so I didn't think that would burn so fiercely...but it did...

then I'm thinking isn't this where those two idiots crashed their car during a police chase? maybe they are pyromaniacs too!

then as the sun came up the smoke died down

you're gonna go, I know


UPDATE:






well I tried to get to Solimar but was pushed back by air and ground forces ...

No comments: