Friday, July 29, 2011

keep an eye on summer

so I heard that the News-Press meltdown rally would be held Thurday at noon in De La Guerra Plaza...this has been one weird summer but still my heart aches for Rosie...

it's just something I'll have to deal with....

and however blind love is, horses wear blinders too...sometimes...

I heard Frank Hotchkiss wants to put the Lance thing on the council agenda next week...Frank was frustrated that cops were being maligned and the council couldn't say much about it..well, I think agendizing it is a very fine idea, Frank.....good for you! Americans should never be afraid of speaking freely....but they should be afraid of lying freely!

so I went in to see what the rally was all about and lucky for me the city was doing major rehab on the streets in the middle of summer...what a mess! If I was drunk there is no way I could navigate through all the barriers...but I'm not drunk baby cos I'm a real man.... and there's Paradise Cafe..councilman Rowse owns it and it sure could use a good cleaning on the outside..tourists like clean people AND clean buildings too, Randy!! do I have to call the Health Dept on you??????
so De La Guerra Plaza is buzzing with about 50 -75 folks in support of the fired reporters from the News-Press....some guy was singing folk songs and some Dylan songs and sounded real good...way to go keeping the music alive!

hey there's Barney and Starshine in her porkpie hat yelling at Lou Cannon....writers are so eccentric!


Craig Smith was there and introduced the speakers including ex-News-Press reporters Melinda Burns and Dawn Hobbs who gave Wendy hell....I thinkWendy won't come out because she's afraid of Dawn!

there's Scott Steepleton, looking somewhat dejected, in a straw hat, limping along...the media wars are taking their toll, huh, Scott?


but the spirit of free speech and democracy are alive and well even if the free press isn't..when we have newspaper owners spying on people and hacking into their private lives for stories, that's not a free press, that's a criminal press...


the speakers rallied the crowd and reminded them that Wendy is an anti-union tyrant and there are still good people held captive in the News-Press building....well, I think Wendy's just dumb....but then again I've never been fired by her...I had a News-Press newspaper route back 1970s but it lasted two weeks...too many complaints about me missing the houses....well what do you expect at three o'clock in the morning....from a kid...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw you at the rally. Do you ever smile?

Anonymous said...

Saw Jerry Roberts giving some little kids the eye. Brian did the same.

Mick Von Caw said...

hey.. some of you are starting to catch on!!

Richard Simmons said...

I'm sure Mr. Steepleton is well intentioned by drinking diet Coke (if his belly expands any further, he risks tipping over face first.) But he should be cautious knowing that aspartame can potentially cause memory loss and poor judgement. So let's do some jumping jacks instead, Scotty! Ready? 1,2,3.....

spitfire squid said...

I love giving little kids the eye. Scares'em good. Some of my cousins in aquariums say giving little kids the eye is the most fun ever.