Friday, August 12, 2011

everybody knows this is nowhere...

gotta get away from this day to day running around...

could it be that I had her all wrong? the chubby blonde from the Milpas Community Association?? perhaps she's pleasantly plump instead...I've seen her in town..throwing her weight around..right in front of Helene..and now Frank and Dale are upset that Sharon Byrne is running for city council...so who is she..a teabagger, a centrist, a conservative..and independent?

I don't know but I think I saw her at the News-Press rally a few weeks back..looking neither for nor against anything..just observing....but she look like she could rip the meat off anyone's bones....and quick!! she doesn't appear wishy washy and if she isn't a teabagger, things could get interesting!

and several people have pointed out that the plus size lady in the pic is not Sharon Byrne...ok ok..sorry if I offended any big girls out there!! I love big girls!!!

one scoop

hey the News-Press finally scooped everyone by telling us that Santa Barbara Police Chief Cam Sanchez is looking for another job in San Bernardino...or did they?? or is he??
Peter Lance wrote the story so expect tons of errors, conjecture, hearsay, drama, hysteria, and a ten part series next week....well, city employees get job offers and flyers everyday from other places: same job, different city, higher pay.... but I doubt Sanchez will leave even with Karen and Kasi-gates being played out....

two scoops
Craig Smith outscooped the News-Press again and said the NLRB found Wendy guilty of union tampering..and the reporters that were targeted by her should be reinstated..I don't believe it! can you imagine the atmosphere in that place if the seasoned reporters mix it up with the Young Miss America Foundation reporters?? YIKES!!! I would pay to see that!! hopefully there will be less stories about dogs, wine and botox!! of course, Wendy will appeal the ruling which is not very appealing....

well everyone is outscooping everyone else so I guess there's nothing left for me to do anymore except go scoop myself!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey mick- fyi, thats not Sharon Byrne-- thats Emily Allen, a local attorney who works on various (democratic) campaigns

Mick Von Caw said...

my sincere apologies to Emily and Sharon who both look like they could beat me up...or eat me up!!

Anonymous said...

"This is just another decision of the current National Labor Relations Board in its assaults on businesses in the United States of America," says news director Don Katich of Team Wendy. For those with short attention spans, or folks who want to redo the iconic orange poster, it's simple: Wendy McCaw, above the law.

I goofed said...

Actually, it was a Team Wendy attorney, L. Michael Zinser, who made that statement.

Anonymous said...

Regardless of who said it, the N-P is very clearly thumbing its nose at the federal government. Yet owner-publisher Wendy McCaw claims on her own Web site that "While challenging, to do our job right covering local issues and regional governments, we must report without bias and we must be balanced in our coverage." Anything the News-Press writes about labor has and will continue to be distrusted.

Anonymous said...

"I pledge allegiance, to the flag, that flies over de la Guerra Plaza. And to the Republican, at Ampersand, one paper, under fire, for one individual, with impunity, injustice and gall."