Monday, August 15, 2011

suddenly

let's get vertical....

well I was thinking about things and one of the things I was thinking about was Olivia Newton-John...this woman has been swimming around my brain and heart for years ever since I heard her do George Harrison's version of Bob Dylan's song "If Not for You"...
she's born in England but raised in Australia so she likes eucalyptus trees, she's pretty, spooky, sexy, scary, sings good, is kinda weird in a good way....and the smile..her smile..it's got something....she could kill you or make you wanna live another hundred years, like a euculyptus tree unless some dim-brained nativist decides to cut you down...


remove music from your lives and you start killing beautiful things...but the seed of life will always fly away like this thistle seed is flying away to a new home....

anyway, Olivia keeps popping into my head every now and then...but there was one song that I've always really loved called "Suddenly"..a duet with Cliff Richard..

well thank God for YouTube because there's a little segment that just knocked me out....
these two can really handle a song and breathe life into it..why, I got chills watching them...Olivia was dazzling! and she still is....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ljQUqzbuXQ


does that make me a voyeur?? or voir dire?? Olivia..remember this..I love you..I honestly love you....

6 comments:

Suddenly, I'm Awake said...

In today's News-Press: "If the city does not agree to pay the state, under the terms of the continuation bill, it would be eliminated as of October." Santa Barbara would cease to exist? That's what the N-P is saying.

Mick Von Caw said...

can we please focus on Olivia today and not Wendy??
signed,
hopelessly devoted

Peeper said...

Wendy, I honestly hate you....I honestly hate you....

Mr. and Mrs. Dundee said...

Amy Winehouse over Olivia-Newton John any time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8NapCCrTEU&feature=related

And Cliff Richards? Give me Keith Richards any day, no question there. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlVdRSbIHZs&feature=related

Anonymous said...

can we please focus on Olivia today and not Wendy??
signed,
hopelessly devoted

August 15, 2011 9:33 AM

Not running scared of McCoo-coo, are we, Mick?

Mick Von Caw said...

please take two xanadu and check back in the morning!