Thursday, August 25, 2011

long day's journey into night


so I woke up Wednesday morning and could barely move...I must've pinched a nerve in my neck..so I crawled around the condo like a baby, like a worm, like a wounded hawk...


I gotta get to the Lance hearing at 10:30 AM and a board meeting tonight....fuck, I'm crippled..I'm not big enough to deal with that, so I start whining and cursing God..then I down three Excedrin and can walk a bit...finally after an hour, I can fly..I must've simulated having sex last night with a woman on the kitchen counter and threw out my back or something...it's called "night terrors"....it happened once before..I got up at night and just started sleepwalking and fell over the fireplace screen chasing some dream girl....

anyway I'm lucky the Lance hearing starts at 10:30 AM so I head into Santa Barbara....I get there at 10:00 AM and see just a few folks, Lance and Genis and Scoles and the other lawyers... infamous angel officer Kasi Beutel didn't show today....

you talkin' to me???

so I'm sitting in the back at around 10:00 and the cop asks if I'm gonna take pictures....I guess he remembered me from last time and I said " no, I won't..I obey the law" and we both laughed...

I was sitting a few seats behind and to the left of Lance and he gets up before the hearing started and walks over to me and says: "who are you?"
I says "I'll give you ten dollars and tell you"

he looks at me confused..then I says, "how about you give me ten dollars and I'll tell you who I am"

he says "I don't need to pay you ten dollars..who are you...you're that guy who writes a blog, right? I've been trying to figure out who you are"

I says "gimme a ten spot"

he says "I just asked you a simple question" appearing rather snotty... I says "and I just gave you an answer"...then I says "stick around, I'll cause disturbance in the courtroom, you might like that"....Lance was getting perturbed and told me I'm not important enough for him to worry about....

I said to him "if I'm not important enough for you then why are you talking to me?"...
he mumbled something.....

I told him if he's an investigative reporter, he should go investigate me if he wants to find out who I am..he went "hummphh" and walked away like spoiled brat....the dude is a control freak and a gadfly, jumping around the courtroom trying to win friends...you wanna be my friend Pete, you gotta give me ten bucks...

ok so.... the hearing begins and guess what, Judge Hill is in a talkative mood..going over things again and again...they went over the Trombetta waivers ad nauseum....Lance remained quiet as a mouse

this is what the Lance case is riding on: did the cops destroy the waivers on purpose to get rid of evidence of forgery.... I would bet no... of course not

Darryl Genis, Lance's lawyer, repeatedly said he requested the original Trometta waivers but Judge Hill pointed out that the record shows Genis only requested a copy, which the cops gave to him....Genis danced like a deformed showgirl and asked the judge to assume that everyone knew what he was talking about and that he wanted the originals...Genis is on a fishing expedition and the prosecution called him ridiculous...


indeed.....it was a silly waste of time and the waiver/handwriting issue should be thrown out..relying on an ethically challenged "handwriting expert" or palm prints to clear a DUI is absurd....Lance blew a 0.09....case closed....


also they went back and forth on contempt charges, subpoenas to cops from Genis which were all "quashed" (voided) by the judge..... another waste of time...Genis lost big on all counts...

there was gal in front of me dressed in blue, with her dark hair pulled back, exposing her sumptuous ears, with two diamond studs in each one....I found myself fantasizing about licking her ears so I may have missed some details....but all the usual suspect where in the court room...

the next hearing will bring in some more cops to testify about the Trombettas.....it's on Aug 31 at 10:30 AM....dream a little dream of me

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still want to know where Lance got his buzz on. A champagne high... hmm? Could it have been a certain champagne bar owned by a person who co-publishes a certain newspaper, which has published a certain series of articles, about a certain boozy ex-reporter....? Hmmmmm?

Lance My Boil said...

DG went to a third tier law school that's housed in a former department store building.

And yeah, PL is definitely an odd bird. The type of person you don't want to get stuck sitting next to on a long and crowded plane flight.

This is all Mayberry small town kind of stuff. In a large metro area, it would be nothing but a speck of dust in an overcrowded court system.

Anonymous said...

I was told that Genis has won only one DUI case in court -- that Lance's would be his second, if he prevails. Anyone know?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Casey Anthony case, down his luck loser lawyer offer the most outrageous defense he can think of hope this high profile case will finally be his big win. Not that anyone is killing babies, here. I think that's some newspaper publishers' secret pleasure.