Wednesday, September 14, 2011

back to the future

keeping Santa Barbara Santa Barbara (TM)....the phrase coined by folks who don't want Santa Barbara to change...one site SantaBarbaraView uses it as their trademark!! I think it's profound!!

Keeping Carpinteria Carpinteria!! (TM)

Keep Montecito Montecito?? then bring back former Park Lane resident Burl Ives from the hereafter

dance or get off the stage (TM).....Lance's defense to the DA...translation: shit or get off the pot (TM)...cute


I've lost track of the Lance hearing due to all the time wasted by all the people involved..I'm also losing interest and will attend if something big happens...so far everyone is obsessed with a couple of overpaid palm readers..."handwriting experts" is what they call them in the masked world! God Almighty this hearing is a joke, but I was naive enough to think we had professionals working at it....boy was I wrong..shouldn't lawyers and judges have to retake the bar exam every five years to keep up with the times?

anyway, this keeping SB SB idea is starting to weigh on my mind...I think it's rather silly...Santa Barbara is what it is...if you really wanted to keep it the same, then you'd have the same place I grew up in...same people, same stores, same lies women told me in bars..and I told them....I'd still be hanging out at the Feed Store in cowboy boots and a leather jacket...I had chicks crawling on me like leeches..good leeches, but my gawd, I'm surprised I came home alive some nights..lotta hungry hearts in those days!!

but the point is you grow and evolve or you stagnate...so keeping Santa Barbara SB, while nostalgic, would have meant..would have meant..wait a minute....Santa Barbara in the 60's 70s 80s and 90s was an awesome place!!

it started to deteriorate when Wendy moved here and bought the News-Press...and the only way to keep Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, is to get rid of her!! shoo her away!!

so I suggest people pick their favorite decade and work to restore Santa Barbara to that time and place..with all the same people..that might be fun....they could throw a Back to the Future block party and I'll show up.....maybe as that guy from the 70s..in my cowboy boots, slinging a guitar...

singing "a little bitty tear let me down, spoiled my act as a clown, a little bitty tear let me down"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lost interest impn the drunk's whining weeks ago on the loss at the News Press seem to find it endless fascinating. The managing editor there must be hard up, to keep running this crap. The NP should do what it does best, run the stories that appear on KEYT ... A day later. It's editor must have gone to the monkey see, monkey do school of journalism. Every day I regret the fifty cents I throw down the drain on that lousy paper. Why can't the Independent come out twice a week, that would be all the paper I need.

Anonymous said...

To the poster above. the News Press doesn't have an "editor" it has a "director of news operations." This is because the incompetent currently running things at the News Mess only had previous experience counting camera lenses and keeping track of gasoline expense accounts at a TV station. But all that doesn't matter because his main reason for being is to bust the union activities at the News Press - that is what he was hired for, the rest is all smoke and mirror. He is the chief negotiator for the News Press at all discussions with the unions. So that may be your problem with stories, as the News Press is the only newspaper in the country without at editor at the helm.