Saturday, February 11, 2012

lost her in the sun..

the winter of our discontent...

can someone tell me why in the middle of winter it's 75 degrees right now? in the sun? the blaring brutal sun....it's trajectory across the sky is low so the hotness is super hot compared to summer hotness....lately, the sun is setting as the gentle tide rolls in as the light blue sky smiles down happily..and burns my ass!

I just want a sound explanation not there's a high pressure ridge somewhere close by...an explanation because I bought a bunch of winter clothes and gave the old ones away to the homeless charity.....but when am I gonna be able to wear this thinsulated jacket..or this down vest from Cabela's? now? no, I tried and started sweating so had to turn on the fans...it's ridiculous...


oh I see..the only time I can wear my new clothes, my new Gallatin flannel shirt, is three o'clock in the morning when the temp dips to the high 40s...ok so I'll get up and dressed and take a walk outside in my vest and new Rockports...I'll head out to the hills in the serious moonlight and meet with the coyotes and raccoons and skunks...

I'll take a walk over to the cemetery.....pay my respects to little Anna Lee..I don't even know her and yet she is indeed my inspiration...

better yet I'll visit her in the morning when the sun is warm....as warm as my heart when I think of her....and these yellow flowers by the side of the road..they smell so sweet and there's hundreds of bees buzzing around them...

Anna Lee..little darlin'..it's alright....

No comments: