Thursday, February 23, 2012

valley of the dolls

why am I lost as a lamb??

oh I was lost yesterday, don't yu worry...I saw a bunch of people with Xs on their foreheads ..I think the Manson family was in town..no it was ASH Wednesday..now me being a Catholic I always thought it was ASS Wednesday....unfortunately the only chance I had for ass yesterday was an eighty year old woman at the Italian deli...

well it may be true that I give some people headaches but it's also true that some people give me headaches, too....so in order to prevent that from occuring, it has been my practice to take an Excedrin in the morning each day for the last 20 years or so..just one pill washed down with coffee...I guess that makes me an addict too...I'm a drug addict..there I admit it..but I prefer to call it preventive maintenance...

ok so for the past two weeks I've been running low on Excedrin and haven't been able to buy any because the drug store shelves are empty of Excedrin bottles..no explanation, just empty shelves..then finally I see a note that Excedrin has been recalled due to mechanical problems..it seems that packaging problems at a drug manufacturing plant may have resulted in powerful prescription painkillers ending up in packages of Excedrin ...

then I thought of Whitney Houston...what if she just took an Excedrin for a headache, next thing you know she's dead becasue she mistakenly was fed a powerful pain killer...a drug (as morphine or codeine) containing or derived from opium and tending to induce sleep and alleviate pain; she could have fallen asleep in the bathtube..I'm serious!!

anyway, I switched to Rite Aid aspirin to deal with my pain....now if you people would stop annoying me so much, I wouldn't need all these pills...

No comments: