Wednesday, June 27, 2012

the girl with the faraway eyes

well I did go into SB but this time I was prepared..gas mask ..check...hazmat suit..check...rations..check..inflatable dingy..check...pepper spray...check...oxygen tanks..check


so I get on the highway and although Caltrans is slowing things down as usual, I managed to get to my destination, Tri County Produce in good time....of course I passed the Bird Refuge and I think you people complain too much..the smell was nearly gone replaced with an organic oxygenated mustiness and there were delightful ripples in the beautiful bird lake...the sun was shining, people were jogging..it looks like Jill's boat trick worked! but for how long? how could you have ever doubted Jill?? shame on you!!! now you need to join hands and figure it out so I don't have to go thru so much trauma when I visit your city..ok??

however, the problem needs a permanent remedy because apparently the stench killed a Zoo giraffe..allegedly the giraffe was old and sick and the zookeepers put it down, but according to a pet psychic friend of mine, the giraffe said the Bird Lake smell did him in....you see, giraffes have huge lungs and they need fresh air, but those two weeks of being gassed were too much for him...and I thought people in SB were such animal lovers...I guess that doesn't include giraffes...you should ALL be ashamed of yourselves...

and there's Jill answering the SB city council's concern about the Bird Refuge....Jill said her hands are tied because of all the regulations and endangered species and the Bird Refuge is a protected wetlands...well, I don't know about all that...the only endangered species at the Bird Refuge are the folks who have to live close by!! but like I say, it wasn't bad at all on Tuesday...

so keep up the aeration and moving the water around....like a stream..it moves and is naturally aerated as it flows over the rocks..like waves..always moving..that's the key!

supply and demand
those are the rules and you need to adjust to them...apparently the demand for the News-Press is getting skinnier by the day... usually, when I try to read the News-Press online, they say I need a subscription to get to the article, now they have an explanation of what's free and what's not...

As always, all online, non-local articles (National, World, Entertainment, etc.) and Obituaries are free for all NewsPress.com users. However, in order to view local articles online (Local, Life, Sports, Scene, etc.) one must either have an online registration or a subscription to the print version of the newspaper. Online monthly registration is only $0.20 per day or $6.00 per month. If you do not wish to buy an online monthly registration, you may also purchase this article for $2.50 without a registration. Click here to proceed to the login, registration or article purchase page

why is the News-Press trying to hit me up for spare change??

No comments: