Sunday, June 3, 2012

three graces

1) do I eat at Joe's or Lucky's ...not since chubby ponytailed Gene Montesano took 'em over..the stiffest drinks in town? that's the plug? what happened to the food..and I won't pay $300 for a hamburger...the old Joe's was a much better dive...

2) do I copy at Kinko's...no

3) and will I ever play ping pong on a cement table in front of the Santa Barbara library? no, of course not...

on the front page of the News-Press, I see two guys want to install a concrete ping pong table in front of the central Library..when I go to the library, I like to sit quietly and read..inside or out. I don't need two drunken idiots playing ping pong in front of me! if they want to put a table at the beach, ok

but the library is a landmark building, so the less you clutter it the better....the guys who came up with the brilliant pingpong table idea are Hugh Margerum and Mark Collins..both have ties to the liquor industry..RED FLAG...one guy founded RND Vodka and probably supplies spirits to Joe's Cafe...hence the stiffest drinks in town...the other dude peddles wine...

the gals at Porch on Santa Claus Lane had the boozer guys demonstrate ping-pong for the June Gloom party....I went over to watch and well...these people are fluffballs for lack of a better term...and Hummingbird put out some paintings...this is art?? I could do better with my eyes closed!!

anyway, the city council better not waste time and staff on such an absurd proposal....another veiled attempt to discourage homeless people from sitting down by near the library... like the $50000 State St bench turnaround fiasco last year.....

guys...if your attention span is so short that you need to play ping pong in front of the PUBLIC library, then I have propostition for you...there's a rumor going round that wives are being swapped in Montecito...some of the old rich fat dudes with ponytails are going for the younger babes...

howsabout you erect a statue for the fountain in the Hot Springs traffic circle honoring these pot belly business guys in Montecito who are after the young gals......have them posing like the classic Three Graces...

and you could fill the concrete fountain with vodka ...that would be perfect!!

No comments: