Wednesday, June 20, 2012

ooh la la

I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger...


now I love birds but there is one birdie I think is getting way too much attention...it's a little birdie that apparently can't get along on its own, so the gov't and non-profit environmental groups have adopted it..it is called the Snowy Plover...

if you can't walk on the beach, can you blame the Plover?? no...but you can blame the people who are hell bent on protecting and rescuing it to death..I think if we left the bird alone, it could adapt and would be just fine..but people won't leave the plover alone....they fence it in, make laws to protect it, close off large portions of beach access...they've been doing this for years and still the plover is "endangered" ?? I don't think so..the snowy plover is the poster bird for environmentalists gone mental....

geez, I can't even remove a sparrow's mud nest from my condo due to crazy bird laws...these house sparrows are like little annoying dogs with wings...and they're messy..and yet, I could go to jail for removing the nest!! but tonight I got a plan....

any bird that nests on the beach will be subject to assaults..from nature, dogs, people, tides....the National Audubon Society cites people, Off Road Vehicles, and unleashed dogs as the main reasons for the decline of plover populations.....

hmmmm..unleashed dogs..well maybe it's a good idea to keep Fido off the beach..Fido is a freekin nuisance because you people have turned your dogs into neurotic pussies....and because there are simply too many dogs around....everywhere I go there's a dog...if only I could train my vulture friends to swoop down and pick 'em off, I would be a happy man!!

and if dogs are not allowed on the beach, their sicko owners will be so traumatized they'll have no reason to go there either... so you could conceivably kill two birds with one stone only in this case you could save two birds!

but realistically, the sea change in the American psyche that has people talking with their dogs, holding funerals for their dogs, sleeping with their dogs, stuffing their dogs, taking their hounds to dinner and otherwise odd behaviors leaves me no hope that anything will change vis a vis dogs...I'm getting pretty fed up with all these garlic eaters... these plover killers...

so what will become of the plover?? I don't know....but how about that Byrdland....ooh la la!!

No comments: