Sunday, June 10, 2012

on the way home

like a smoke ring day, when the wind blows

well Saturday was an unusual day..there was something in the air...the summery aroma of a cloudy smoky beachy firey day......reminded me of the time we first moved here and hung out at Shark's off Fernald Point...we'd take our big boards and sneak thru the beautiful beach properties along the hedges...in those days, the owners didn't care..they let you cut thru (most of the time!) we'd build little fires with the driftwood...the smoke smelled so good...

well, today I planned to check out the accident/crime scene at Stonehouse Ln in Montecito where two young women supposedly got hit by a car, and one was killed...

today, I'm Columbo...or if you prefer Maigret...or rather, an investgative blogger who investigates stories real reporters have already broken..ie, I fix 'em!

so I'm on Highway 101 and go over the hill in Summerland and whoa look at the waves at Shark's! and lots of surfers...I'll check it out later....

I get off at Sheffield Drive and go up by Birnam Wood then over to Stonehouse on the backside..it's a lonely two lane road AKA Highway 192...I notice some red paint on the street so I park nearby and get out for a closer look...hmmm..I've traveled this area before many times and if someone was in the middle of the road there's no way I could stop let alone see them, especially in the dark....there's not alot of room for error..and any thud I would attribute to a raccoon or coyote...hit and run???

so it's sad..I see the chalk circle where one girl died, and the blood stains..and more chalk...and some flowers on the side of the road...

how does anyone know what happened until the other gal gets better and talks.......why were the girls walking here at 5:30 AM?? I bet there was alcohol involved.......why didn't someone at the party in this ultra wealthy area give them a ride??? this story's got legs.....then I hear on KEYT that the girls may have been "car surfing" with the guy who got arrested...WTF??? why would anyone want to do that?? treat a moving car like a surfboard, doing daredevil stunts...esp if you're drunk!! like I said, this story's got legs...sea legs...

so I go to check out the waves..I pull off in Summerland and go to Lookout Park....ahhh..there's the waves and the strong ocean smell and smokiness in the hills from the fireplaces or restaurants...

it's such a shame the about the two girls..that they would have to miss this day, this smoke ring day....one girl dead and one girl in the hospital....this extraordinary day at the beach is....something is in the air...California is in the air....make sure you stick around long enough to enjoy it....

No comments: