Tuesday, December 4, 2012

black and blue

He hit me but it didn't hurt me
He couldn't stand to hear me say
That I'd been with someone new
And when I told him I had been untrue
He hit me and it felt like a kiss
He hit me and I knew he loved me- the Motels


 More than 60 local gentlemen gathered at the fourth annual
Domestic Violence Solutions Men’s Cocktail Party held at the Santa Barbara Auto Group Porsche Showroom at 402 S. Hope St. in Santa Barbara to raise awareness that domestic violence is a crime that affects people all over Santa Barbara County.

ok I read this in (please send them money, make a donation) Noozhawk... a cocktail party at an auto dealership to raise awareness about Domestic Violence....

http://www.noozhawk.com/article/113012_domestic_violence_solutions_mens_cocktail_party/

how stupid is that..first off, domestic violence increases when people are drunk....and driving a Porsche while drunk is too stupid for words....


so whose idea was this....why did they have to raise  awareness of spousal abuse at a friggin cocktail party in the middle of the day, at an auto dealership! who'd they have as a guest speaker, Tony DeNunzio!!!??

I see Loretta Red's name..she's the interim Executive Director of DVS...she ran for city council and now writes for the silly freebie called the Sentinel, published by Montecito Journal teabagger Jim Buckley..and Loretta also writes for the myopic SB VIEW...

wow, I wonder why she's not smart enough to see the connection between booze, drunk driving and domestic violence...

geez what next, a wine bar at city council meetings???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting event. Who was the target audience here? Prospective donors? The abusers? (Those in recovery might not have welcomed the freeze booze.)