Saturday, December 15, 2012

high tide, green grass

and December's children....


I went into Santa Barbara..to the Harbor area to track the King tide from SB to Carp..it was cool.. it was awesome....

I went out and watched it..the water changed quick and fast...one minute it looks tame and the next minute it's chasing me back into the sand...really it was like a mini tsunami.....the waves got so big so quick!!

and the water as you see here created a crown shape; like a king would wear..hence King Tide!!

the tides made their way up to the parking lots in some areas and the ocean was really rocking at Santa Claus Lane beach and smelled so good....

then I heard about all those little kids....massacred in elementary school by a 20-year old guy living with his mother... 20-year old guys should never live with their mothers...was it an Oedipus Complex? well he killed her too and some other adults at the school...but the kids..man I can't even comprehend what happened in Connecticut....it wasn't the guns.. a gun is tool..I love guns..but in the wrong hands, anything can become a weapon of destruction...

this is a mental issue..a family issue...this happened not because there's not enough God in schools as preacher Huckabee tried to suggest..always pitching for Jesus...well, devout religious families produce crazy-killer offspring too....remember the Childers case in Santa Barbara years ago...

I was in elementary school once and always felt protected by the adults..the teachers....even as kids we fantasized about our blonde teacher.....Miss Stucker..man she was hot!! this was about 5th grade..then President Kennedy got shot....and we kids dealt with it..and those kids in Conn will deal with it, as unexplainable as it is....

but how do you tell school kids that a madman came in and killed twenty of their classmates? In a nice American town?

I don't know.... but I think I'll go to the beach again today..and talk a walk with all those kids....

No comments: