Tuesday, December 11, 2012

love in vain

I got a thing about Doris Day....

I don't think it's thing for her, a thing about her..well maybe I had a thing for her but I could never quite figure her out....I've seen her films and heard her songs....it doesn't help to bring her into focus though..it's makes things more muddy, for me anyway..

is she a goody-two shoes or a naughty- no shoes?? huh, can you answer that? I didn't think so..

so I'm waiting to watch the Carp City Council meeting and they're in a long recess...the new council will be sworn in tonight and the lone gal, Kathleen Reddington, lost her re-election bid..so it's all guys on the council now..BUMMER!! c'mon ladies, run for office so I don't have to look at five ugly men!!


speaking of Carpinteria...
crimes around the corner.....maybe the new city council can look into this!


1300 Cravens Ln
Carpinteria , CA 93013-3082 Verified Address

Reported: 11/27/2012 by Crime Reporter: 6250
Crime Report #: 8510380
Source: Santa Barbara PD

M HS11357(B) Possess Marijuana 28.5 Grams Or Less
M PC242 Battery

assault and battery and mary jane possession..this is where the proposed Green Heron Springs project was supposed to happen...the architect Scott Ellinwood also was on the Carp ARB when his project was approved..something weird is up with this guy..stay tuned


but anyway I'm watching on TV and they play these little jazz songs while I wait..one of them was "You Smell Good"..a couple of white crooners trying to sound like jazz..what an odd song...

then on comes "In Love, In Vain"...well I've never heard that song before but it was pretty cool...the voice was familiar..I think it was Doris Day! she sounded really good...

I think Doris is an enigma....she can be bad or good and by bad I mean bad, you know what I mean... BAAAAAD! in a good way

so I ordered a CD from Amazon....a bunch of songs that I'll listen to...and maybe get to know Doris Day a little better....or maybe not

No comments: