Wednesday, August 7, 2013

just another manic Monday

wish it was Sunday, that's my fun day

I went into SB on Monday because I needed some tools at Home Improvement Center...I go in and see lots of people...old people young people really really old people..geez, can't these old folks take a hint?? don't they see the clock on the wall? tick tick tick

July on bottom; August on top!

 
hey maybe they could do what the baseball players did...go to the anti-aging clinic and take drugs to stay forever young...

well while I was shopping, I saw some nice pruning shears, hand pruners for about $17 and right next to them a little saw for about $9....so I flashed..a light flashed out of my right eye..WTF...I could put the 9$ tag on the $17 dollar pruner and save 8 bucks! David Landecker did that years ago but he got caught..nevertheless, the Environmental Defense Center hired him and now he's running for Santa Barbara City Council! Landecker's a Jew so I guess he's entitled...the last time I saw Dave was the the Cat Cora Chowder Fest in Montecito..he was there with his mother! is that a Jewish thing, too??

well I left Home Improvement Center, but I didn't change the price tags because that's not how I roll...

so I rolled outta there and did some hiking in my favorite place..I see the thick fog bank that has been plaguing Carpintera and Summerland for a month is starting to lift..or actually settle over the ocean and the weather is gorgeous..summery and perfect..I stopped and saw birds and dragonflies and cool trees..some palm trees with flowers on top

and the fennel and castor bean plants are healthy after someone mowed them down or poisoned them..that's how I tell if the environment is healthy..all the wildlife gathering around the creeks in August..it's my indicator month to see if the environmetalists are messing with the new mother nature...nope...so far so good!!

be the dragonfly
oh I love dragonflies! they laugh at me as I try to capture them on a camera

Link between water and air,
Earth repels you.
Light touches you only to shift into iridescence
Upon your body and wings.


oh and there was the first Swimmable Day event put on by nonprofits to get more donations for their propaganda....geez these people like Channel Keepers are just plain silly....when they swim in the ocean, they swim in dolphin poo, seal poo, shark poo and think nothing of it, but if a lab sample gets high numbers, they freak out and close the beaches!! most of the high bacteria numbers are related to seagulls, not human related waste..it's a scam I will go into later...know your coliforms!!!

speaking of scams, some dumbass fishermen are trying to revive the "no-otter" zones because of the competition for shellfish...the whole concept is insane like the no-fly zone for golden eagles at the Channel Islands...some commercial fishemen have abused the great sport of fishing with nets, indiscriminate killing of sharks, killing pelicans and the list goes on and on...and now they wanna tell otters where to swim?? maybe I'll do a story on those dumb doods

and one day I hope to see an otter in these parts although they do prefer northern waters...

meantime, I rather enjoyed the real actual first day of summer..but I wish it was Sunday...

No comments: