Thursday, August 1, 2013

bits and pieces

I'm in pieces... bits and pieces

so what is today? Thursday.. tomorrow is Friday and the next day will be Saturday...it's all getting rather repetitive, don't you think?

but I went into Santa Barbara yesterday which was Wednesday to look for some Fiesta type things...I didn't see anything...no Spanish dancers..but Saturday is the Fiesta Rodeo which I just love! horses and animal abuse and pretty cowgirls! sometimes I wish I was a saddle!



 
so I read the News-Press and since I can't get down to De La Guerra Plaza, I rely on the crackerjack video production facilites at the News-Press and Ampersand Studios...but what do I get? a webcam!!! I couldn't even watch it online because it looks like someone snuck over to the stage and stuck a cheapo Radio Shack camera on the with some duct tape!!

I will write a letter of complaint to the publisher...hmmmm..now I see we have a bit of title shuffling at the News-Press...I was concerned that the News-Press had two co-publishers which is the equivalent of a double negative...in other words you have to have one publisher before you have a co-publisher..you can't have two co-publishers without one main publisher..and it appears that Wendy agrees with me...as you can see below, Nipper has been promoted to sole publisher and Wendy is the CEO...
 

Santa Barbara News-Press

715 Anacapa St., Santa Barbara, CA 93101PO Box 1359, Santa Barbara, CA 93102-1359


WebSite
805-564-5273


Newspaper Contacts

Publisher - Arthur von Wiesenberger

Chief Executive Officer - Wendy McCaw

Advertising - Steve Nakutin

Classified - Beth Jehens-Brown

Circulation - Kathy Knobbe

Production - Bob Yznaga


but I still don't know who the editor is!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don Katich is basically the editor. Though they call him "Director of News Operations." Scott Steepleton is the city editor. Merrill McCarty is the assistant city editor, though he has a conscience and is one of the few people who cares about quality and ethics, so he mostly gets walked on by Steepleton and Katich and isn't given much actual authority.