Saturday, August 10, 2013

lowdown

gotta have a jones for this, a jones for that

so it's about noon on Saturday and I head out on my bike to check the Carp Beer Festival a little closer...with all the hype about  beer festivals being the next big thing, I figured a bunch of people would be there...


no in/out? no in/out?? WTF???
no sex at the beach?
 
 
but first.... I went earlier this morning to check out the set up...I see some 30 somethings walking around Carp by the beach area..tatoos, white skin and pudgy..the future workers of America!! not

I get out and take some pictures..oooh, a big Samuel Adams beer truck on Linden field..craft beer?



 
and I see two of the three guys responsible for the booze event..Gary Dobbins and Mike Van Stry.....Van Sty pretends to go look for something while checking me out, he's walking around me while I'm taking pictures and as I leave he smiles and says to me "nice day for a festival" ...so I tell him, "yeah if you like a bunch of fucking slacker drunks stumbling around Carp" ...he just laughed

let's just say I had an attitude

...these guys at the Coastal View and the Deep freebie rags Van Stry, Gary Dobbins and Andres Nunos are now on my radar for bringing this stupid-ass beer fest to Carpinteria....really? talk about reaching into the bottom of the barrel to make money...this is what drug dealers do!!
it's silly!

so there's rules you need to follow to party..no smoking no pets no chairs no weapons... and they are gonna search you if you have backpack!! geez what kind of a festival is this...you can't have any fun!!!

VIP room??
 
normally I wouldn't be concerned about this but when people put on events that encourage public drinking and the drunkenness that follows, then it becomes my business..the cops have to patrol when things get silly....that's my tax money going to babysit some slacker beer drinkers..but the good thing is most people don't spend their Saturday afternoons drinking beer unless they are lazy or unmotivated... AND I WILL MOTIVATE YOU!!!

banana beer recipe:
get some bananas and let them sit until about 100 fruit flies gather on them..then throw 'em all into the blender..add some hops and barley and water...whip it up..let it sit until the fruit flies die.about (about 3 days)...then blenderize it again and add some Bud or Coors and presto! banana beer!! a craft brew

dumpy beer gals!
 
ok so back to the festivities....this is what I see: some folks gathering at the festival...the main area on the grass is cordoned off...like a zoo!! it was good and easier for me to observe them..and take notes

loads of beer booths crying for customers...you need to pay to attend and be over 21..there were private security guards walking around and a few cops patrolling the area

a few people sitting outside Island Brewery...Paul the owner is supposed to be some beer guru...well he's fat I know that much... a few more folks walking around with cups of beer... a band..a really bad band on stage playing something I didn't recognize..then they stopped and talked about...beer! such low low lowdown energy here


no man is an island-except Island Brewery!
 
and I didn't see any surfers..just some white trash slackers! real surfers don't need alcohol!!

the Avocado Fest is fun...the Rods and Roses show is good...why? because alcohol is not the central theme...the Surf and Suds Fest is a total embarrassment to the City of Carp..the Suds n Duds Festival I mean

hell there were more people lined up at the SPOT for hamburgers!!


most folks ignored the beer festival across the street-
instead opting for hamburgers!
 
after a while I left and what a sad event this is....BORING!! such hype..maybe more people will show up later..but I don't seem to care much..

next time how about a summer festival at the beach..and invite everyone....and leave the beer at home

No comments: