Thursday, May 22, 2014

keep an eye on summer

Those things I say in my letters
You'll find them most sincere
Keep an eye on summer this year

saving Santa Claus Lane from development was and is a worthy goal...in 1998, the new upscale seaside village was proposed so some folks jumped into action to save Santa, including the Pearl Chase Society....




Santa Claus Lane is funky and fun beach area and while Santa is gone, the original buildings are still there with a few additions like the Paul Franz weird-ass Dutch monstrosity which I dubbed Solvang by the Sea....Franz has a knack for building huge soul-searching structures that look more like mausoleums than houses..he's like a ghost, I've never seen him...and he's done alot of remodels on Padaro Lane for the nouveau rich celebrites...and he painted the Big Yellow House monkey-puke yellow.. I think the guy is insane

ya sure..very gird Mr. Franz

but Santa Claus Lane is also a good place to bury people..I've killed about ten folks and buried them on lane ..generally under the ice plant and one close to a tree..and a few under the old Surf Shop...and oh yeah one guy I just tossed into the ocean one lonely night...sharks got him...but it's ok, all those folks I killed deserved to die..and I'm not done

now, development has been kept in check by the agriculture zoning along the highway...highway beachside ag is where it's at so I always will support it...now they want to build a hotel next to the new PSHH project where the old Camper Park was....

I swear people get such stupid building ideas and now that we are in a drought, a building MORITORIUM should be declared...

there's a reason to keep things small and the way they are..because it works....people need room to move and breath and it makes no sense to fill in every inch of Carpinteria with a housing project...


 

so anyway there's a proposed development at SALT on Santa Claus Lane..they had a surf camp here a few summers ago..it's a great property but does it need over 4000 sq ft of new residential units and commercial units, new landscaping and parking on this small lot in what was once a lima bean field??

Santa Claus Lane is the last little place you can park it and go sit on the sand without a big production...it's a throwback to 1950s beach culture and I expect to see Gidget, Moondoggie and Kahuna when I'm down there...surf surf surf....

but people have fancy ideas...the more people here, the more they want sidewalks, dog bathing stations, lights and pretty soon it's upscale and fake instead of rural beachside..

I believe in property rights, but when people want to build too much just for the sake of building and riches, my job is to make it harder for them..

and I'll use every trick in the book

No comments: