Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mony Mony

Here she comes now, say "Mony, Mony" Well, shoot 'em down, turn around, come on, Mony

 
I suppose if I stood before a judge in Santa Barbara and told him that Huguette Clark, in a fit of passion, promised Bellosguardo to me, I'd be laughed out of the court room..I supposed if I told the judge that Huguette and I used to sneak down to the cabanas and do it, I'd be made the fool in the court's eyes...I suppose if I told a judge that Mony and I (I really called Huguette "Mony" and she loved it !) ....well, if I told the judge we used to lay on the little lookout and watch the moon rise over the ocean..would he believe me?




but it's true we did all that and more..sometimes on bright shiny mornings, we'd look for seashells down by the seashore

and rocks, too..we'd see rocks and sand stones.... shiny ones and pales ones with rainbowy colors... and I always called Mony my shiny rock...she called me her studly stone and said she wanted to be a mermaid....when she said things like that I just rolled my eyes...but what people don't realize is Mony was an artist in her own right.. I have a few of her paintings hanging on my wall...she was pretty good!

and sometimes we'd drink champagne on the top of the cliff and throw the bottles down and try to hit people



 
well I went down to East Beach recently..down to the Clark Estate ... I stood at the water's edge and saw two nearly naked girls sunning themselves..I felt free...almost free enough to grab the blond and head for the cabana

then I looked up into the big trees..Mony loved trees and she planted lots of pines (well, her gardeners did)...I saw the sand and the sun and recalled a time when things were simpler...sunny bright and warm, just like today

rich man's weather....

No comments: