Thursday, July 10, 2014

7th Son

I'm a-one, I'm a-one, the one they call the 7th Son

with the News-Press reduced to some weird faux-Christian newsletter, I've pondered and wondered about what's next....a newspaper? no the News-Press is not a newspaper anymore...the future of news? no the News-Press is not the future of news...a joke? yes the News-Press is a joke....a discombobulated, unampersonious joke!

so while the Newspress has shrunk, this blog must grow...so let's try a new name....a new masthead...a new vision...I will continue to poke fun with biting satire at the folly of man and the insufferable hypocrites over at the News-Press, but I will also include philosophy, biology, poetry etc for culture...let's face it, if you read this blog, you're a moron, so I'm gonna educate you...Mark Twain once said..well Mark Twain said alot of things, so did Sophocles

and the new name will be....ooops sorry technical glitches!!!

ok then... I told you I had problems with Italians..the women well I hear they carry diseases peculiar to raccoons so like I say stay a way from them...


I wouldn't for all the tea in China!

but Greek girls...now they are really stunners..real beauties..I like to cover them with olive oil and salami and ya know have lunch....on them!!


It's all Greek to me


the 4th of July is over.....the 5th of July was awesome ..hot and sunny! as was the 6th...the 7th was anybody's guess...

now I heard that the fireworks in Santa Barbara by Stearn's Wharf had some issues..ordnances exploding, hands being blown off, shrapnel embedding in a few patriotic heads..dead bodies bobbing in the ocean below the wharf..why go to Iraq when you can get wounded at the Santa Barbara 4th of July Fireworks show!!

apparently they started the show then stopped for 15 minutes...people left thinking it was over because of the fog...then the fireworks started it again

I tried to get the story but heard differnt versions...but the main point was this may have been the outfit that cause havoc in Oxnard's fireworks last year....explosions, no safety protocol...fireworks should be a tribute to American Independence, not a killing ground!


Sunday was hot sunny and humid..it was weather I live for...it was weather to die for

I read the News-Press newsletter and chuckled....Wendy paid 150 mil for this??

Scott Steepleton's front page investigative story concerns Santa Barbara sidewalks and the claims from folks who tripped...some go back to 2010...well, this has been going on forever....the trees with big roots present problems for streets and sidewalks

and you got lots of trees and people looking for some money so they trip and sue the city for not maintaining the sidewalks....but the city provides a good faith effort to fix the side walks...even in Carp..you can't make everything safe for everyone all the time...so Scott's story was absurd and desperate..gov't watchdog my foot...(get it??)

I went down to the tracks to do some guerilla gardening in the bush....remove some dead brush since nobody else will...the train went by...I love a good train...



so I passed this guy walking his mules..at first I thought it was Nipper maybe Wendy kicked him outta the house...or maybe he was looking for gold by the coast....

I found gold on this hot sunny humid July day.....tropical clouds over the mountains...sweat running down my face...finally...


sweet summer sweat...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Friday fireworks fiasco which could have been a serious tragedy was only covered in SBNP on Tuesday. At least we should expect SB City and SBFD to evaluate the failures.

Unknown said...

Actually, I read your blog often and do not consider myself a moron.

Mick Von Caw said...

Melissa Etheridge?? if you're Melissa Etheridge then I'm Carly Simon!

Anonymous said...

If you're gonna do the G.D. weather you should just shut down this blog and get a gig as a weather geek over at KEYT/KCOY/K-ETC. Jeezzzus

Anonymous said...

"with the News-Press reduced to some weird faux-Christian newsletter"


A faux-Christian newsletter produced by Fox News and the NRA. After 15 years finally got around to canceling my subscription this week. Paper is completely useless.