Monday, September 21, 2015

Strange Brew

She's a witch of trouble in electric blue. In her own mad mind she's in love with you, With you. Now what you gonna do ??

ok, let's talk about the Bird Refuge, ok? now I was expecting Nipper's to open here but it opened at the Montecito Events Center...as a pop-up bar/nightclub..for charity....

and it opened as 200 folks danced and drank champagne...and Nipper got to relive his glory days...thanks to Wendy's divorce settlement...

 

now if you think that is weird, I went to SB/Trader Joe's and stopped at the Bird Refuge and gawked...as I stood there, tourists came up and asked me what was wrong with the water.. I told them some tales about algae, Jill's secret strange brew, the stink and the sheer neglect the body of water has suffered over the years..old beer bottles on the shoreline!!

one couple quizzed me and I told them that the city should open the sluice gate and let the ocean water come in, like a marsh....

another hip couple I was talking to were very nice and I told them I've never seen the water this color....I said it was pinkish but the gal corrected me and said it was "fuchsia"...of course she was right..it's fuchsia...but we all stood there confused... not just about the Bird Refuge, but the City of Santa Barbara as a whole

 

fuchsia.. I had to look it up..what other language would have a word like that? that's why you need to learn Spanish and French...to keep it real

then I feel some strong winds blowing..blew me back home to Carpinteria....warm and windy..awesome weather..

I've had five fans on since the beginning of this hot September..but this wind came in and cooled everything down in a few seconds...

Nature must do the same to the Bird Refuge...

water should never be fuchsia

No comments: