Thursday, September 10, 2015

Welcome To My Nightmare

Welcome to my nightmare, I think you're gonna like it, I think you're gonna feel you belong 

Santa Barbara was threatened with a lawsuit to switch from at-large to district elections...and district elections won out...but they are not really district elections because Santa Barbara has no districts, just neighborhoods..eastside neighborhood, westside neighborhood..the Mesa neighborhood..and so on..so let's call them what they are: neighborhood elections



so what will happen is a few folks will try to represent their own neighborhoods..that means lots of demands for money for pet projects like new lights bridges parks bike lanes and so forth...and that means more taxes and more money...

as I travel around SB, I see it is a lovely city...lots of work by lots of people have kept SB a place people want to hang out..

most of the complaints about bad roads or crime are overblown by anti-govt teabaggers and conservatives who ALWAYS complain and don't want to pay the unionized city workers...certain city council members like Dale Francisco have wasted so much time demonizing the working class and unions as to make him ineffectual..I prefer at-large elections, but at least ol' Dale will be off steering the sinking GOP ship into the rocks...



as I watch the campaigns, I see lots of Lucy on TV..the Mr. Wimpy Show and last night on Uncle Ernie's Show...I saw some weird contrasts..on Mr. Wimpy's show, Lucy was pretty lucid and pleasant..but on Uncle Ernie's show, she was snippy and heavily made-up..eye-liner so thick it must have been lent to her from Wendy' inkwell!! geez..and the smudged lipstick..she looked like a hardened boozed-out Bohnett Park hooker! or Alice Cooper anyways!

we seem to have two Lucys like we got two Paulas....

now most every woman I know has a little slut in her and that's not a bad thing, just that there's no reason to advertise it during a political campaign...girls need to learn ot separate public servicing from servicing the public if you catch my meaning...

my request of all candidates is try to look presentable in public...Dale, take off the Fedora.. and Lucy take off the make-up....


and Ernie..LOSE THE EYEBROWS!!!

No comments: