Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Time After Time

If you're lost you can look and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall I will catch you, I will be waiting
Time after time



I woke up Sunday morning, stumbled out the door, fired up the truck and drove into this vision.. I stopped, got out and stood there for ten minutes looking up, and he never flinched...with the sun in my eyes that damn bird looked like Jesus...



"And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength"

mosquitoes...what good are they? well I haven't seen one in years due to the drought...mosquitos like water and no water no mosquitos..plenty down in Brazil but that's the rain forest where the mosquitoes are as big as vultures....



now, I was at the Bird Refuge last week  waiting for a thrill with Jill..instead I see a guy posting signs about spraying poison to kill monsquitos...well let's see..the high tide and rains have filled the Bird Refuge with water...good quality water and there's more birds swimming and fewer bird with sad looks on their faces...I even saw a fish in the water

the poison used is mild and doesn't do any environmental damage so goes the story...but given the number of insects and predators like birds, why not let Nature take its course...bats eat insects, even little sparrows eat insects like mosquitoes...



and I see all these wood chips being placed in large swaths over the dirt, presumably to keep the weeds down...but of course this is folly..the weeds just pop up thru the chips...Jill, I've told you time after time with my recommendations to add sea water (naturally) to the refuge and to let the weeds fertilize the soil......I'm not trying to mislead you.. I would never do that...


take a look at the new growth, Jill....the green rushes and clear water..so vibrant and fresh..

like new love

No comments: