Friday, June 24, 2016

Getting In Tune

I'm gonna tune, right in on you

so Graham Nash says no more CSN or CSNY because the magic is gone...a sound argument Graham and thanks for all the music...Graham says they had a pretty good run 35-40 years as he talked about some albums...he told Stills that "Deja Vu" needed a catchy song like "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" on the first CSN album, so Stills goes away for a few days and comes back with "Carry On"



 

yeah, that's pretty amazing...I read this in UNCUT, the British rock magazine..superb reading, great Blondie/Debby Harry stuff...Rolling Stone is pretty much worthless nowadays so UNCUT is the only mag cutting it..plus they give you a free CD and there's the coolest new Ronnie Spector song written by Keith Richards and Andrew Oldham!!
and since Nash is 74 with a new girlfriend why shouldn't he have some fun and make a clean break like the Brits did, exiting the European Union...get some independence...

the markets will be in turmoil until things settle down (gold is up) but I'm hoping the British folks will be happy because they have made me very happy over the years...

the British Invasion of the 1960s was a wonderful thing...music filled the airwaves and it's just what we needed after Kennedy was killed...the Beatles!!
then the Stones, the Kinks, Gerry and the Pacemakers, the Hollies, Herman and the Hermits, the Dave Clark Five...the British gals Cilla Black, Petula Clark, Sandie Shaw and Dusty Springfield...mix in all that with the greatest American music on the radio and you get the mutual admiration society..as a kid, the music was part of my bloodstream...today, I can't and I won't live without it

oh, and I forgot to mention the Who...I hear they're coming to the Santa Barbara Bowl on Oct 6..I have a feeling the tickets which go on sale Sunday are already gone, but I'll try to get some...

the Who was a powerhouse...My Generation, Magic Bus, Tommy...rocknroll, satire, theatre, punk, rock opera..you name it they did it..Daltry and Townsend still got it, Moon and Entwhistle checked out long ago but seeing Pete and Roger is worth it..the concert they did after 9/11... the outrageous Woodstock performance....see me FEEEEEL ME!!! Live at Leeds and Who's Next

yeah, there's nothing better than a good old fashioned rock -n-roll show...so I'm getting in tune for the Who


geez, the WHO!

No comments: