Sunday, January 30, 2011

no sugar tonight...

Cause it’s the new Mother Nature taking over
It’s the new Splendid lady come to call
It’s the new Mother Nature taking over
She’s gettin’ us all

so I went over to Kevin's place to congratulate him on giving the award to our pal Annie Bening, who was running around naked at his spread by the beach!! we had a brew then I split... didn't want to be a third wheel, you know...

I'm riding around when I see some commotion on the Bluffs in Carp...I park it and get my camera and go check it out...just some kids and old dudes from the Rotary Club planting natives....I shoot some pictures and some guy says who am I taking pictures for..I said myself..you gotta problem with that??

then I raised my voice and said kids, don't these old dudes fool you, weeds are important in nature and restorations are a scam...everybody just looked down and kept working...I said, don't kill all the weeds and stop teaching these kids plant intolerance...they all just ignored me...I said: hey I'm Mick Von Caw famous blogger and naturalist and Kevin Costner's friend..they kept working like I wasn't there..well, maybe I'm not as famous as I think..so I left them to plant the little seedlings which have their own little irrigation system..but the plants will eventually die because nature may not allow them to thrive... just because something is native doesn't mean it will survive...

and Rotary Clubs! these weird clubs and non-profit fraternal organizations..I dunno.. I'll get into them another time, but I don't like them..not one little bit!!
damn, so Carpinteria is in the red now and the City Council wants feedback..is there anything the city is doing that is unnecessary, they ask..well yeah..stop restoring the heck outta everything..geez...is it necessary to provide plants in a wild setting with their own irrigation system? stop wasting money!! how much tax money has the city doled out to non-profits, especially Peoples' Self Help Housing, who are now hitting up Santa Barbara for millions!! PSHH is worth over 50 million dollars!! what about the 8th Street Bridge..why was it over-engineered and over- priced?? where has common sense gone?? whatever happened to preventive maintenance??

whose idea was it to cut down five trees and erect an Indian park inside the State Park...a stupid idea indeed..and why isn't the city stopping the absurd removal of ice plant at the beach? do you want sand blown everywhere into the town streets? ice plant provides excellent ground coverage and bees love it..reason enough to leave it alone!! there, Carpinteria City Council..chew on that for awhile....

2 comments:

Roundup said...

You are too funny. I think Bees are actually killed by ice plant blossoms.

Mick Von Caw said...

bees killed by ice plant bosoms?? only if you spray Round-Up on them cowboy..otherwise you're dreaming as usual!