Tuesday, January 31, 2012

green eyed lady

ocean's lady....

I stayed at a few Carp ranches before I got the condo in the 90s...the first was Rancho Monte Alegre I've mentioned before....it was owned by a bunch of people from the east and I rented the old pink bungalo that westerm movie gal Olive Carey lived in until she died...there were ghosts in that house and I loved it..the stories the owners told of Ollie holding parties and guys like John Wayne, Robert Mitchum and of course Harry Carey Jr would always be there...I could just imagine what fun they had and these guys and Olive were the stars of the great old westerns..I grew up watching and loving them!!

then I got kicked out of the ranch one day because some of the owners were crazy..knocking on my door at night demanding I keep the lights on for Ollie! they served me with papers to move out!!

eventually the ranch sold...it's still beautiful but it will never be the same..
so I go to another ranch..the Young Ranch..a Spanish grant owned by John and June Young....long since gone, a nicer couple you couldn't find....we used to talk about water issues alot....

and I didn't know it at the time, but June was the inventer of Santa Claus Lane and the Big Yellow House..she was a big tough woman with a heart of gold..and she held Christmas dinners for the tenants at her house... it was beautiful..ornate with old furniture and bird cages...living up on those ranches made me fall for Carpinteria....what a history here!! Tom Johnson of the Doobie Bros lived up there for awhile..

so anyway I lived in a little brown clapboard house with a few cats..the possums would come in at night and eat the cat food...the rats would rumble below....I parked my truck across the road by a little storage shed..one bright sunny morning as I was getting in my truck to go to 7/11 to get coffee a pretty blonde gal came walking down the ranch road and asked me to give her a ride to Kim's Market..I looked at her and said "sure, hop in"....well the girl was Kym Herrin! the Playboy model and she was the girlfriend of the ranch owner's son..who knew??...man oh man I felt lucky..she was stunning and I gave her a ride and she said thanks..and that was that...

but it took about two minutes to get to Kim's Market from the ranch..imagine a Playboy centerfold riding in my truck with me..those coulda been the best two minutes of my life!!

the son found out about my little journey to Kim's with Kym and was a little pissed at me...then I said I gotta buy my own place to escape this nonsense so the condo offered the best of both worlds..close to the mountains and ocean yet all the modern conveniences I wanted..and my money going to me instead of a landlord...

so after I left, I was saddened to hear that the son died of drug issues..and yesterday I saw that someone named Kymberly Herrin was busted in Santa Barbara for burglery and drug issues..oh no, not Kym!!! please no! it must be a minunderstanding..a mistake......I hope it is...just some domestic stuff maybe
duck those bad impulses!!!

I say let her go...and hey Kym, I still got an extra room in the condo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the story and i hope the girl who was arrested wasnt Kymberly Herrin