Sunday, January 15, 2012

silver threads

and golden needles...


every now and then a person needs to purify the soul..sometimes I burn sage to smoke out the condo demons, but the best way is go out for a hike or bike ride...there's just nothing better...

it's especially important since the wide open spaces are disappearing being infilled with untoward stuff...but it's Saturday and I'll go check out the Bluffs since I haven't been in awhile....it's winter so I'm wearing a swimsuit...oh look, there's a well dressed lady in heels putting up "for sale" signs....Lagunitas hasn't been built yet and they're holding open house! just what we need more houses in Carp to replace agriculture....more crowds...I don't like it a bit...


but my goal today is to check out some of the native plantings the city of Carp did..see, they planted a bunch of natives, supplied them with their own irrigation system, and it seems after years of grow time, the little sycamore hybrids they planted look like twigs!! the salt cedar however is thriving I'm happy to say....they cut it down it grows back..it's good sign there's a healthy water supply below...

ok so I'm walking along and I see a big bird ahead...taller than me..it's about six and a half ft tall! gee, am I in Jurassic Park?? it looks like a pre-historic bird maybe brought to the Bluffs by all the new native plants!! COOOOOL!


anyway I watch the bird who's walking along and then he hangs a left onto the trail ahead of me..he's about twenty feet away....so I inch a little closer, he flies away then lands... I try to catch up but it flies away again always just in the nick of time..then I asked myself why am I chasing a giant bird instead of brunching with cultured women and drinking complex wines....

hey look over there someone carved someone's name in a tree! I ponder the love these two may have enjoyed...hey there's a stop sign on the beach..only in Carp would someone do that...that sign is a warning to coyotes not to kill the seals...but everyone knows coyotes can't read....

and on I go.. I check out the awesome coastline and off shore storms....they impart a spooky light from heaven above to the water below...like Mother Nature knitting me a sweater with silver threads and golden needles....paying attention to devine intervention...

TEBOW SUCKS!!! GO NEW ENGLAND!!!

No comments: