Monday, January 23, 2012

these boots are made for walkin'

and one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you....

special report from Carpinteria Council chambers....

well I figured I'd go to the Carp City Council Monday night meeting to see what they had in store for councilmember Joe Armendariz...I got there at about 5:15 PM for the 5:30 PM meeting...usually I don't go to these meetings because things are nice and slow in Carp...just how I like 'em..but today was different....so I get there and sit down and folks start filtering in...the Noozhawk gal, the News-Press punks, hey, there's Nick Welsh from the Independent..then I see Bill Connel the Hot Dog man looking very stern...geez lighten up everyone, we're just here for a lynching!!

then I see..holy shit is that her..is that Julia ..is that #69 ..yes!! it is..she walks in with a hippie chick and Julia was skinny and dressed in tight designer jeans and high black leather boots..GRRRRRRR....she looks like Nancy Sinatra!! she's cute but scary..I took her picture and she smiled..at somebody....well heck I think there's hope for us yet!!! I know what, I'll send her a JPEG picture of myself!!

then Joe and the Mayor and Greg Carty come in and sit at the council dias..Joe's looking down alot and frowning gulping some Starbucks, but doesn't look drunk....hey I heard Starbucks will be selling beer and wine soon!! no wonder everyone is so jittery!!

then we wait some more and find out that Stein and Reddington won't be at the meeting! Stein is sick and Reddington is I don't know...


everyone stands for the Pledge of Allegiance so I get a back side picture of #69:)

then one public speaker..then the city lawyer goes into something about free speech and public comment and what people need to be aware of...in other words, you can't threaten anyone...
then Joe asks if public comment is a safe haven for people to slander and libel other people...that was a defensive move/question because Joe was probably expecting some not so nice words directed at him...then the city attorney says there's a distinction between opinion and libel/slander....like if someone calls you an idiot, it's not slander, it's opinion...otherwise I would have sued my whole family!!!

free speech all the way baby!!!

so next we get some cold water splashed in our faces because without the other two councilmembers, an action can't be taken on Joe tonight, so they tabled it until next meeting...
so I left...and the next meeting should be pretty wild if the same players show up...is it a date Julia??

No comments: