Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Aye, Calypso!

To sail on a dream on a crystal clear ocean,
to ride on the crest of a wild raging storm
To work in the service of life and living,
in search of the answers of questions unknown
To be part of the movement and part of the growing,
part of beginning to understand,


if I were a rich man, I wouldn't be writing this stupid blog everyday now would I? no I'd be sailing the seven seas and flying the wild blue yonder and eating fois gras in France and caviar in Spain...I'd be out boning Persian princesses...but I'm not rich compared to Wendy McCaw..well, actually I am rich compared to Wendy in some ways...but moneywise, no, she's richer than me..I think...

Aye Calypso the places you've been to,
the things that you've shown us,
the stories you tell
Aye Calypso, I sing to your spirit,
the men who have served you so long and so well
Hi dee ay-ee ooo doo-dle oh
oo do do do do do doo-dle ay yee
doo-dle ay ee
(John Denver wrote that fantasic song and it's a song about Jacques Cousteau's boat, the Calypso...John and Jacques were the real deal....Wendy and Micheal Cousteau are not the real deal....just a little side note to our story)


but maybe Wendo's riches are getting smaller while mine grow...you're richer than Wendy too, but Wendy's got one thing we ain't got: a yacht..

I will never own a yacht....I do however own a bicycle...ummm, so when I heard that Wendy's yacht the Calixe got rammed in Florida in a "bingle", I got all tingly..I didn't know what bingle was until yesterday, but now I do..well actually I'm not sure what it means but they used in the story...Wendy's yacht involved in a bingle....

ok so you know that she's suing a rich Aussie mogul guy named Solomon Lew for smacking into her yacht in the boat yard in Florida...Wendy's toy got dent in it..a $500,000 dent it it..now that's rich!!! my initial thought about this was... WAY TO GO, LEW!! you're a real one percenter!!! Good on ya!

Like the dolphin who guides you, you bring us beside you
To light up the darkness and show us the way
For though we are strangers in your silent world
To live on the land we must learn from the sea
To be true as the tide and free as a wind swell
Joyful and loving in letting it be
Aye Calypso the places you've been to,
the things that you've shown us,
the stories you tell
Aye Calypso, I sing to your spirit,
the men who have served you so long and so well

well, you gotta be pretty toasted to waste a yacht in the harbor and by toasted I mean Foster's...that's Australian for beer, mate..

No comments: