Wednesday, August 8, 2012

you and oblivion

This is the month of the dead
Leaves on your Ouija board
Carry them 'round in your head
They've got free room and board, yeah

well I went into Santa Barbara on Wednesday morn and swung by the old school..SBHS..it looks fantastic and there was a little band practice going on at the baseball field....all this talk about our schools doing poorly is bunk..political nonsense..these kids are great!!!

but the real reason for my trip into oblivion was the Jerry Roberts vs Wendy McCaw (Ampersand) hearing..I get there at about 8:45 AM and enter room SB4 in the main courthouse...blondie Judge Donna Geck is hearing some issues when in walks Mr.Wimpy and sits right behind me....followed by bizarro News-Press reporter Scott Steepleton a few minutes later ...I figured Mr Wimpy was there to offer support for fellow partners in crime Wendy and the News-Press..but happily I was wrong...first of all I asked the bailiff if I can take pictures he says no and then tells me to spit out my gum....what is this high school? geez, I can't chew gum in court?? pictures and gum should be allowed goddamit this is AMERICA!! I got my eye on you, pal

ok so I comply... and then discover that Mr.Wimpy AKA Jim Worthen of the rightwing public TV show Worthen One on One was in court because he's got some cases against him...I didn't get all the details but it looks like Worthen got sued and settled then got sued by someone else for something that happened with his Greentree Property Management co...

up on a giant screen in the courtroom was a computer image of the case..it was hard to read but I think I saw a bunch of numbers $700...$200...$1000.... that Worthen had to pay to the plaintiff.....

I'll have to look into all this later but ol' Jim looked rather hung over wearing a sick green Hawaiian shirt...and after the appearance in front of the judge, he quickly left....and his lawyer was John Thyne! remember John? one of Kasi's victims!!

then a bunch of teens entered and sat down next to me..young foreign students, mostly girls checking out our justice system..they giggled alot and were pretty cute...ok I can't chew gum or take pictures in the courtroom..but I can dream, can't I?

then Jerry Roberts and Ampersand's lawyer enter and go before the judge.. I don't rightly know what transpired because I could barely hear them, but whatever happened didn't last more than a few minutes..WTF was that.. I thought we were gonna have a hearing! and everyone was mumbling and no real details were offered...

so I leave and get home and check the court calendars and oh I see..Ampersand has four individual hearings today so I should've just stayed there...but I'll find out what happened in the News-Press or the Indepenent since Barney Brantingham was there too...

now....the cases against Jim Worthen interest me...apparently he runs a property management company called Greentree...or maybe he mismanages it but the docket lists Worthen and his son as defendants and some tatoo artists as the plaintiffs...
hmmm, why would tatoo artists being suing Mr. Wimpy?? I think I'll have go a little further into oblivion to find out...

No comments: