Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pancho and Lefty

Pancho needs your prayers it's true,
But save a few for Lefty too
He just did what he had to do
Now he's growing old


Pancho and Lefty

well, I had to check out the finale to the Avocado Festival...but first I had to go to 7/11 for coffee and a paper and on the truck next to mine was a bikini top! some chick left a bikini top..not sure what size but plenty big...she must've whipped it off last night in a fit of abandon... I thought I heard some screams last night but I was dreaming about sex..I swear I was! all I have to do is dream...


double D?

 
anyway, I waited until 11:30 AM and took off on the bike headed for downtown Carp..

there was a good crowd and lots of cops there and the weather was hot and sunny again..so perfect...and nearly everyone was dressed in breezy shorts and blouses...or shirts if you prefer...


 
yes it was lovely...LOVELY!!! oh the younger girls are sooo cute!!




so I rode over to the Guacamole tent and curiously most of the folks judging or overseeing the event were dressed in jeans or slacks...it's like 80 degrees outside and then I see the judges, the actual judges walk up..all dressed in jeans or hawaiian shirts...what is this Club Med???

 hey there's John Palminteri from KEYT in a sombrero..I didn't see Shariin too bad for me then I see David and Lin/Linda from KTYD looking rather....cool? is that the word? I don't know..maybe they were sick...radio folk..geez!

the Copper lady was on furlough!

then I see a guy a short white haired dude with a belly..is that?? could that be? I moved in closer and yes it is Nipper..whoa...hard night last night Nipper? where's Wendy? Nipper's got some well-deserved fame now and he and John were rapping together, like Pancho and Lefty...

there weren't a whole lot of folks in the tent..some were eating lunch and seemed uninterested in the famous folks at the front..well our version of famous....


is Nipper jerkin' the Palm??



someone once said they felt sorry for Peter Lance after seeing him up close...I felt the same way about Nipper a little....it must be hard playing second fiddle to a kazoo like Wendy...

I rode home...in the hot sun and light breeze and the ocean sparking off in the distance....

I was so happy I almost felt guilty..and I get to watch a baseball game today too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the chic with david perry doesn't look like Lyn. it might be David's ol' lady. maybe Im wrong.