Wednesday, March 19, 2014

the Wind Beneath My Wings

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
You always walked a step behind.


Oh oh oh...is Goleta beach really worth saving??

well I watched the County Supervisor meeting about Goleta beach and all the fuss people are making about saving it...they had to choose among five options and finally Supe Wolf chose #5..something about asking the Coastal Commission to permit the big rocks that are already in place...



 
one speaker, a guy named Jim Farr who is on the Goleta City Council, said Goleta beach has many visitors, said he didn't know why he was at the meeting, and claimed Latinos like to BBQ at the beach... racist much, Jim??? he was a white haired, white bearded old fool who mumbled like an idiot...is he Doreen's husband or father?? geez..and this is why I question the value of Goleta beach...don't white people BBQ at the beach, too??


 
first of all I don't know where Goleta beach is...I can't find it...I've been to Goleta a few times and you can't get to the beach from Hollister Ave or Kellogg Ave...I shop at KMART occasionally but going down those side roads will take you into purgatory...the streets, the houses, the people..nothing makes sense so I would caution you to stay away from Goleta side streets..they are a graveyard of industry, lemon groves, tract houses.... and broken dreams...


when I speak of beaches, I think of the ocean and sand... babes frolicking.. and boats....dolphins and birds...not rocks so much...



beaches, real beaches are glorious..East Beach is great beach..Leadbetter is one of the best..West Beach rocks....Butterfly and Hammond's....Shark's is legendary....

Summerland beach and the beach at Santa Claus Lane...Carp beach the safest beach in the world..not any more since I moved here...then the Rincon..these are real beaches..beaches where lives are soothed and changes are welcomed....warm sand that comforts..and during a big storm, the beaches will stir restless souls...


these are beaches you can see from town unlike Goleta beach...if  there really is a beach in Goleta, the sea will reclaim it..the rocks won't save it...they should have planted ice plant like East Beach..it is the only thing  keeping the sand in place after the March storm...

it's clear the Goleta beach is just a wannabe beach...just like Goleta City Council is a wannabe body politic, just like Goleta is a wannabe city...when people vote for weird guys like Jim Farr, then they deserve to lose their phantom beaches....

and Nature would seem to agree with me

No comments: