Monday, November 16, 2015

White Bird

must fly or he will die

November brings lots of birds to the Carp Salt Marsh...I've seen egrets, cranes, vultures, an osprey which looks like a Bald Eagle from a distance...




I've seen white-tailed kites, hawks and all types of shore birds but I've never seen a Bald Eagle...

today was cold and windy ...high surf and just gorgeous..sitting outside and I'm thinking about Paris...watching the ocean churn..the wind blowing the trees nearly to the ground...the blue skies bluer than I remember...I look up and see a big solitary bird way up there flying from the sea to the mountains...Jesus...it's a Bald Eagle and I grab my binocs, then the little camera and get a few shots....I guess he's on his way to Lake Casitas to nest in a favorite eucalyptus...maybe got tired of the Channel Islands and all the politics out there...

being that the Bald Eagle is a symbol of freedom, the moment I saw him I felt a chill...I was so excited to see a bald eagle near the marsh....I was spellbound... maybe he's on his way to France

un oiseau magnifique!

No comments: