Friday, January 11, 2013

don't fall on me

I got my Sprite, I got my Orange Crush
 
 well just as I got all giddy about the super eucs, a regular euc decided to fall by the train tracks in Montecito near Butterfly Lane...


and a few folks expressed their obligatory hysteria concerning eucalyptus trees..but I never hear a peep from them when native trees like Oaks fall or the pines at Cottage that fell into the parking lot and onto two cars..no I never hear a peep....so it's ok when a native tree falls but not a euc??? please, all trees fall from time to time..it's not a big deal unless a big one falls on you....

now for the sake of argument, let's compare the number of euc related deaths- by- the- train tracks to the number of people walking- their- dogs- related deaths...see where I'm going with this??

using the dumbass native cult's logic, if eucs are a problem, dogs are a bigger problem, safety wise...

I can quickly recall three recent incidents where people died walking their dogs by the railroad tracks and eucalyptus trees can't be blamed although I figure some jackass will try...but the Montecito lady a few weeks ago, the guy at La Conchita and the guy on Santa Claus Lane..all were killed by a train walking their dogs by the tracks...the trains even when the whistle is blowing can come up on you really quick...for some reason it's harder to hear them when you are close to the tracks...I've studied this...stood close to the tracks and observed them from afar...and it's rather scary how quiet the train is when you are closer to it!

so anyway common sense will keep you alive..... but if you walk your dog by the tracks off leash and go to rescue it from an oncoming train you will probably get hit and die..the chances of you getting hit by a train when you're walking your dog are much greater than the chances of you getting hit by a falling eucalyptus tree....

the weird thing is there's no prettier place than a group of eucalyptus trees..especially by the train tracks....it's absolutely enchanting....

No comments: