Sunday, January 6, 2013

fishes and scorpions

in the morning sun, dance to the changing seasons, get away with none

if you lived in Montana, you wouldn't be worried about shark attacks..bears and wolves maybe...but not sharks..or if you lived in Arizona, scorpions might worry you, but not sharks...

so I am reading the News-Press for stupid things and I found some!! I've always said that if you write a column in the News-Press you must be stupid.....but that is something you have to deal with..you and your conscience...

and speaking of stupid things, the blogger editor still doesn't work right!!! but I had to use HTML to make it work.....geez why don't they pay me to figure this stuff out!!!!


but anyway there's this sea lion that got attacked in the ocean and the Marine Mammal Center rescued it from the beach..rescuing injured wild animals simply robs the food chain and makes animal lovers happy..but actually if you rob a healthy animal of a meal, you don't love animals you hate them..there's the rub....

and of course a shark is mentioned as the attacker and now I'm supposed to believe that there are more sharks and more attacks and I'm in imminent danger if I walk on the beach because a shark might get me...nonsense...some of the wounds look like speed boat propellers!! I mean we do live close to a Harbor full of boats...

but behind all this hysteria is Peter Howorth, a crusty old dude who writes for Wendy in the News-Press...read Howorth's column sometime...he doesn't know WTF he's talking about..it's full of supposition and theories about why and when and where sharks attack marine mammals-ie what the sharks' feeding routine is

and then there's the people who count the number of shark attacks like there's really people who know how many sharks attacked seals or sea lions..there's no way to tell! just because you see some injured sea lions doesn't mean there's more attacks....the shark bites, with its teeth dear...

ok so the next thing I see is there's gonna be a meeting, a conference in Carpinteria about the shark attacks...at the Plaza Theater for ten bucks some shark guy and Peter Howorth will tell you there's an increase in the number of shark attacks but they won't know why..they don't know why..and they never will know why

but I know why....sharks live in the ocean and they are predators...and they kill and maim..it's called nature..no one can determine an increase or decrease in shark attacks in the ocean because only the sharks know..it's not something you can count..there's no shark census

and why would I spend ten dollars to hear two clowns tell me what I already know and I bet I know more about nature than these dudes! and the proceeds of the ten dollah conference go to the nonprofit Marine Mammal Center...

ooohhh, I don't like this one little bit....information is one thing but spreading ignorance and fear to get money for a non-profit is another thing..

next Friday night at 7:00 PM.. oh I'll be be there..I'll pay my ten dollars... I'll be there alright....

I'll be the guy in the shark suit.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Wendy will send pal Peter Lance to cover the talk. Wonder if he's been missing the limelight -- he's back on Match.com, using old photos and claiming he's only 54.