Sunday, January 27, 2013

the Three Bells

Then the little congregation Prayed for guidance from above "Lead us not into temptation Bless this hour of meditation Guide him with eternal love"

ok there was a story in the News-Press about some lady who ran a modeling agency in town and she and her lawyer husband got an award from that Father Virgil guy....or the award was named after Virge...but it seemed like a crock to me so I didn't pay it too much mind..but I do keep seeing these things come up about pedophile priests and their pals in the clergy who helped them abuse children..

O Lord, I am not worthy that Thou shouldst come to me; but speak the word of comfort, my spirit healed shall be. And humbly I'll receive Thee, the Bridegroom of my soul, no more by sin to grieve Thee, or fly Thy sweet control. Amen!

translation: don't tell anyone or I'll get into trouble

if you put me in a boat with the Devil and a Catholic priest, I'd prefer to be with the Devil...I'm not saying Father Virg was a perv or anything, but I see another story that a fey dude named Bishop Thomas Curry was helping to shield pedo-priests instead of turning them in or killing them, which is what I would do if I could....

what's up with the naked kids, Virg?
so did Curry and Father Virg run in the same circles...Well there's a few clues first of all Father Virgil put out a religious CD and one of the glowing reviews was by Bishop Curry....hmmmm..and what's with the naked kids on the cover??

then I see that in 2001 Charles Schwab the investor guy gave a million dollars to UCSB for it Catholic Studies program:

Schwab Gives $1 Million for Catholic Studies at UCSB...back when Fathe Virgil was alive

September 21, 2001

(Santa Barbara, CA) – Charles R. Schwab, founder and chairman of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., has pledged $1 million to support Catholic Studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara.


His leadership gift and those of other donors have established the Virgil Cordano Endowment in Catholic Studies in UCSB's Department of Religious Studies. The endowment honors Father Cordano, a Franciscan Friar and pastor of the St. Barbara Parish at the Santa Barbara Mission who has devoted his life to promoting greater understanding of all religions and increased dialogue among them.

Bishop Thomas J. Curry of the Santa Barbara Pastoral Region called the Schwab gift "an extraordinary act of generosity. This donation will help establish an important legacy and will also inspire others to support what will become a major center for the study of the Catholic tradition."

Father Cordano said he was touched that the endowment has been named in his honor and expressed great enthusiasm for the new Catholic Studies program. "The program's aim will be to foster exploration of the historical, cultural, and sociological backgrounds of Catholicism in order to promote mutual understanding among people of different beliefs and cultures," he said.

and there's that Bishop Tom Curry again, chiming in....so they must have been pals....Father Virgil must've known something, doncha think??

these old religious guys are pretty creepy

No comments: