Sunday, May 22, 2011

ain't superstitious

but a black cat crossed my trail...

so while I was being a smart ass about the end of the world coming on Saturday, Satanic forces were at work behind my back, ready to show me the error of my ways...the day started ok, as peaceful as my version of Heaven, but I felt a tinge in the back of my consciousness all night....my dreams were frightful, restless and a small doubt lingered that things wouldn't really be alright today..Saturday.....

no one really believes in all that ballyhoo about the rapture and end of the world that that old Camping dude was predicting...but ....well.... he did warn me....

so I'm online and checking the ususal things out when all of a sudden....I'm offline... and my screen fills up with red bile from the bowels of the Devil himself...sucker crapped right on my head!! words of warning splashed across the computer....VIRUS ALERT!! YOU HAVE BEEN ATTACKED!! THIS COMPUTER IS TOAST!!

WTF is going on?? I tried to reboot and reload....load again... but nothing worked.....nothing...it was the end of the world for my computer, goddammit!!

so I 'm working on things ..pulled out my secondary computer which is almost new and now it's my primary...I updated all the virus protections and managed to rework things....

then I turn the tube on and there's an old flick: the Cat People from 1942 with some chick (the beautiful Simone Simon) talking like a cat's got her tongue..the hottest speech impediment I've ever heard!! I couldn't understand a word she was saying but she was hot..she thought she was a cat and they wanted to put her in an insane asylum! (which is where I think most of you dog lovers should be) check this movie out... it's got sexual (Jane Randolf's glorious swimsuit) and religious undertones coming out of every shadowy scene....it's brilliant and campy!!

then a crow lands outside my window, followed by a songbird, who sang a lovely tune...darkness and light..on the same branch....

but I'm still here on Sunday morning, the world is still here, my infected computer is in the other room now, isolated, quarantined indefinitely....making funny sounds, sending nasty messages to the screen like an oracle, like an 8 ball, like an invasive Spanish Fly, like that little girl in the Exorcist...... I shudder everytime I go in there, or walk by it....it sits there, mocking me, telling me what a fool I am....telling me things I already know....telling me things I don't want to know.....this is all very superstitious...

4 comments:

Mr. Mac said...

Dude. You gotta get a Mac.

Mick Von Caw said...

dude..I will never use a Mac.... NEVER..I would rather spend an eternity in Hell with the Rev Billy Graham and that red headed chick.....I rather enjoy the Microsoft torment

Mr. Mac said...

Come the rapture you'll do well in hell then.

spitfire squid said...

My cousin Vampyroteuthis infernalis — we call him Vampy — says you're welcome anytime. (Please DON'T invite me.)