Tuesday, May 31, 2011

memories

pressed between the pages of my mind...

well, I know Memorial Day can be a bit somber as we Americans pay tribute to the dead at cemeteries across America..but did you know Carpinteria has its own cemetery with dead people... it's beautiful! and there was a tribute on Monday....so I rode my horse over to check it out...

hey, there's Lois Capps, our Congesswoman.....looking pretty in red, Lois!
there's some Boy Scouts being introduced to the American traditon.....can't fault that..but if any scout masters make a pass at you little guys or try to brainwash you into rightwing religious doctrine, let Uncle Mick know about it and I'll take appropriate action!


lots of people ..way more than last year..and what a beautiful day...then some guy started talking about God..believe me, God has nothing to do with our wars...we fight for reasons..some good and some bad...but God has nothing to do with it.....so I left...it appears some Americans are still a little cloudy in the head....

so I ride away and go up to the old Young ranch where I used to live....so nice but the plumbing was bad and the houses were ticky tacky..but the land is prime and it's an old Carpinteria Spanish land grant... and I love it!!

but the best way for me to honor the dead is to go on my own little Freedom Ride...no cameras, no security, no bullshit..... just freedom..the freedom to go and ride when and where I want.....on a bike, a horse, a motorcycle...that, my friends, is freedom....and I cherish it....

tomorrow, I investigate Emmy Award winning investigative journalist Peter Lance with a complete investigation....don't miss it or I'll investigate you too...

No comments: