Friday, May 13, 2011

flying on the ground...

is wrong...

so I'm riding my bike in the foothills....it's a cloudy muggy but nice day..I decide not to take my camera...so I go up to the creek and looked at the water and the algae on the rocks...algae grows..it doesn't matter if you outlaw felt soled waders..algae will still grow on rocks..and it will emit a slimey oozey polymer that will cause you to slip and break your neck if you're not careful..algae grows..deal with it...

now, on my way back home I see a hawk lying by the side of the road, sleeping..well, upon closer inspection I realized he was dead! I panicked and rode back to my palace and got my camera and went back to the hawk..he was still dead!! Life is cruel I thought to myself but the hawk needn't worry about life now that he was dead....

so I take some pictures and check the hawk without touching or moving him..see, I have respect for dead wild animals unlike a certain someone we know...

there were no signs of trauma other than being dead....no bullet holes or blood that I could see..the red you see in the pictures are actually little flower buds! isn't nature clever??

ok so I tried to piece together a scenerio whereby the hawk died...hit by a car..no signs of that...I noticed a big branch broken above me and the hawk..the tree is rather low and overhanging the street so maybe a big truck came by and hit the branch which could have killed the hawk..another possiblity is the thick power lines may have jolted him... he could have been perched on a 480 volt line and his sharp talon could have poked through to the electrons, thus frying him a bit..shocking his little heart.....I don't really know.... #69, I could use a shoulder to cry on right about now...

but really...I'm not sad, I'm not traumatized, I'm not sickened..I'm thankful that these birds are here, and if left alone, this one will provide some cycle of life food for a scavenger like a vulture or bobcat, or coyote...yeah a coyote..and I just love Carpinteria coyotes, don't you???

No comments: