Monday, October 17, 2011

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

find out what it means to me....


I respect wildlife and was out yesterday scouting locations for my next western and I ran into some old friends I'd like to introduce you to...they were introduced to me by nature...

ahh, there's some fennel and some castor bean..careful, castor bean is poisonous but oh so pretty and it always fills a void...owwahh some sycamores and eucalyptus..and I make no distinction between native and non native because we're all native to mother earth...hey, I think I should trademark that.." we're all native to mother earth".....sounds like hippiespeak!

hey look some lady bugs on fennel...yum, sounds like a new entree at Cafe Luck...may I take your order sir? yes, I'll have some lady bugs on fennel and a side of sauteed mushrooms...

now what I don't get is I saw two lady bugs doing it....are they lesbos? I'm for gay rights and I'm no bigot like femme faux fellow Dale Francisco...hey, are there any gentleman lady bugs bugs?? who knows but I like them and that's one more reason to leave the fennel alone..even if you try ot eradicate it, it grows back right quick..and the little buds burst with licorice flavor...so good on a warm October mornin!

ohh some dead thistle....but upon closer inspection the flowers are full of seeds...so nature will scatter, disperse those and the thistle will be back in spring and summer....this has been going on forever and I'm not too concerned... I'll really start to worry when they don't come back...

there's my old friend the dead fox, who won't be coming back....two weeks have passed and all that's left is some fur and bones..the ants, the flies, the microbes, the birds all did their job...

so there it is..some plants that bring me joy and an appreciation for the whole of nature..the web, the intricacies, the imperfections, the power and wisdom of whatever this force is...this force that always trys to teach man, but will man ever learn??

living things should be respected by man...we're the ones with the reasoning skills...if you hunt, you respect life..if you eradicate, if you don't..it's that simple..


so this place will do just fine for my next Western..I think I'll call it " Riders of the Whistling Skull".....

No comments: