Friday, July 19, 2013

back in the saddle

I'm back / I'm back in the saddle again / I'm back / I'm back in the saddle again / Ridin' into town alone / By the light of the moon / I'm looking for ole' Sukie Jones

now I don't want to beat a dead horse, but if he can't feel anything, what's the harm? WHAAACK!!!

it looks like the gov't has launched an attack against DUI lawyer Darryl Genis and Darryl, a lawyer himself, has had to "lawyer-up" with another lawyer for defense...why can't Darryl defend himself after all he is a lawyer as I just noted...


what..me worry?
so it's a conspiracy of District Attorneys and their gov't pals all ganging up on Darryl Genis because he is so darn effective in court..winning all those DUI cases..well two that I remember anyway...but the gubmint unions are all circling the wagons to keep Darryl at bay...they fear him! they loathe him!! and now he must answer to the California State Bar...bar? you mean like Bo Henry's cocktail lounge??

no I'm talking about the California State Bar, which is a professional organization: Created by the state legislature in 1927, the State Bar is a public corporation within the judicial branch of government, serving as an arm of the California Supreme Court. All State Bar members are officers of the court.

Membership in The State Bar of California affords attorneys the right and privilege of practicing law in this state. The bar's integrated network of functions and services — many of them mandated by law — protects the public and assists attorneys in meeting their professional obligations.

ok so sometimes professionals need to pass tests and join organizations that further their standings and careers...sometimes they get kicked out of their pro-organizations for ethics issues like the "handwriting expert" James Blanco who was used by Lance and Genis and thoroughly discredited at the Lance DUI hearings a few years ago...


and now Darryl seems to have some ethical issues that he must answer to the bar for...of course Darryl and his lawyers will argue a conspiracy against him, the trumped up charges because the DA is out to get him, and other such paranoid delusions, but has Darryl done anything professionally unethical?

has Darryl shirked his professional obligations? of course he has....if Darryl loses his privilege to practive law, what will all the drunk drivers do?? who will take his place defending your right to drive drunk?? who will make up stories about gov't employees and get them printed in the News-Press?? hey why don't newspapers have professional organizations they answer to?

but who will replace the irreplaceable Mr. Genis? Barry Capello??

2 comments:

Redheads Rule said...

Mick, I tried. I showed up at Chaucer's for Peter Lance's book-signing. We both know the "five-time Emmy award-winning investigative reporter" puts his journalistic ethics on hold when it gets personal. This was obvious from the ego-driven reporting of his DUI for the News-Press. And his latest ethics transgression -- claiming on www.match.com to be 55 when he's really 65 -- is just as disgusting. So what I really wanted to do was "out" him. But I just couldn't do it. I actually felt sorry for the guy. Shit! Does this mean I have to turn in my Bitch Badge?

Mick Von Caw said...

oh.. so now you're in love with Peter Lance, eh???